Beginning OS X Lion Game Apps Development
Authors: Hill David
Published on: Dec 19, 2011
Price (New): US
With the debut of its Mac App Store earlier in 2011, Apple has unveiled a new distribution platform for developers to build and deploy OS X-based applications for Mac desktop and laptop users to download. This includes a renewed opportunity for Mac games. In this book, you'll learn how to approach this new world of opportunity.
Whether you are a Mac or iOS developer, Beginning OS X Lion Game Apps Development gets you started with everything you'll need to build a OS X Lion-based game from scratch. You'll learn about Xcode, the Objective-C language, and the Cocoa framework and how to use it in this new era of Mac app development. Animations, sound, scrolling objects, physics and all the game elements you need will be explained to you in this book.
After reading this book, you'll be able to develop a fully working game app for the Mac and upload into the Mac App Store for approval to sell to today's ever growing Mac user base! From single player games to multi-player games—the choice will be yours!
What you’ll learn
- Get the low down on Xcode 4 and the Cocoa Framework fundamentals
- Go to bootcamp: Objective-C for beginners
- What are and how to use the OS X Lion's graphics and animation frameworks
- Get your OS X Lion to roar: Full screen game, Multi-touch, and making your game roar
- How to develop your first game app using OS X's Quartz 2D and CoreAnimation
- Become a pro: Using Cocos2D game engine to make your game fly
Who this book is for
OS X Lion developers for Mac hardware and iOS developers who want to learn how to build Mac game apps, from the beginning, for the Mac App Store.