iDevGames Forums
Epic Lander (iPad, with video) - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Zone (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Work in Progress (/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Epic Lander (iPad, with video) (/thread-10072.html)

Epic Lander (iPad, with video) - ProbeApps - May 24, 2012 07:04 PM

This game is in the works, still a ways away to be finished. But I'd thought I'd start a thread here about it.

I've got a blog where I'm posting updates on the game; Probe Apps @ Wordpress, however will try to mirror important updates to this thread for those here who are interested.

This game is roughly based off the old moon lander genre, but will go beyond just landing and collecting items. There will be other flying related challenges as well (such as racing and targeting turrets to protect). Much of this game is about exploration though, so there will be plenty of landing and collecting of items, other challenges will be put in the mix as means to get items for your quest, acquire upgrades for your ship, and unlock new solar systems to travel to.

Let me know what you think,

- Chris

[Image: screenshot-2012-05-24-22-15-49.png?w=520]

New screenshots - ProbeApps - Jun 13, 2012 03:55 PM

Spent some time adding texturing capability for planets:

> More information <

[Image: screenshot-2012-06-13-18-26-00.png]

[Image: screenshot-2012-06-13-19-17-36.png]

RE: Epic Lander (iPad, with video) - Skorche - Jun 14, 2012 06:51 AM

Hey! That looks pretty awesome. I've always thought it could be cool to make a game like that with planets. We tried doing some of that with a game we were making called Solaro, but the project has sort of died. The game had a huge scale, but planets weren't very interesting to interact with in our game. For reasons of AI simplicity, we didn't give them gravity for example.

Anyway, looks cool so far. Can't wait to see some "missions" or whatever in the game. Smile

RE: Epic Lander (iPad, with video) - ProbeApps - Jun 15, 2012 05:21 AM

Thanks, I tried out the Solaro demo a while ago. Looked pretty sweet, too bad it wasn't finished.

I've got a little more optimization & framework to do before I start coding quests and challenges, probably have another video featuring gameplay some time in July - moving at the end of this month.