Newbie here! I'm gonna make my first iPhone game - Printable Version
+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Zone (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Assembly Room (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Newbie here! I'm gonna make my first iPhone game (/thread-10301.html)
Newbie here! I'm gonna make my first iPhone game - youngn - Sep 14, 2012 07:47 AM
I'm new here in the forum and new in the game development world, tho I had been working for a while in web apps development and design. I wrote some posts in my new blog about how and why I got here:
- Some Context: Dropping out my studies, quitting my job and trying to find out what to do with my life.
- My New Objective: I’m gonna make an iPhone game.
I read some articles for newbies like:
And I came out with a plan:
- Learn how to make an iPhone game. Will follow this tutorial. [2 days]
- Code a prototype to prove the game mechanics. [1 to 2 weeks]
- Art! I want to have at least one level designed. [1 to 2 weeks]
- Real code (maybe I’ll be able to reuse the code I made for the prototype). [1 to 3 weeks]
- Get some feedback
- Level design. More art. More code
- At some point I’ll have to think about the audio and music
So… Any tips for a newbie? What do you think about the plan? Any IRC channel I can join? Any blogs I should follow?
That said, anybody want to be my mentor?
RE: Newbie here! I'm gonna make my first iPhone game - OneSadCookie - Sep 14, 2012 09:20 AM
RE: Newbie here! I'm gonna make my first iPhone game - youngn - Sep 14, 2012 11:45 AM
(Sep 14, 2012 09:20 AM)OneSadCookie Wrote: http://www.idevgames.com/ircJust joined. Everybody there is super friendly. Thanks for the info (: