iDevGames Forums
Ocd - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Zone (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Contests (/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: Ocd (/thread-1518.html)

Ocd - sippan - Apr 2, 2009 12:13 PM

If you weren't paying attention to the uDevGames contest, click for OCD.

OCD is a puzzle game which has a totally awesome concept (just look at that 7/10 originality rating!), but which I turn out to be completely incapable of completing myself.

It's not that it's a super advanced project. It's that I'm super bad at mathematics and programming. (Don't tell me to practice, I started trying to learn in 1996 and I haven't gotten farther than this. Seriously, if you don't believe me, the game's open source, check out the source. By all means. Look at that abomination and then look me in the eyes and tell me that one day if I really want to I can be a good programmer. Programming is NOT my thing. Crazy ideas are.)

Is there anyone interested in teaming up with me to turn this kickass idea into a kickass game? Eternal fame will be yours in return.

Ocd - FlamingHairball - Apr 2, 2009 12:48 PM

Firstly, I really like OCD's idea.
I'd be interested depending on what kind of programmer you are looking for; I've been looking for a casual project to make that I can work on without feeling obligated to spend every second of my spare time on. Smile

If you want someone ruthless who will complete it in two weeks; you'll have to keep looking. Smile

Ocd - sippan - Apr 2, 2009 01:16 PM

Nah, I'm in no hurry, only requirement is that the projet meets a deadline of "sooner or later" and doesn't pass into "never".

Ocd - FlamingHairball - Apr 2, 2009 01:36 PM

Alright, I may or may not be able to help you: I'm really busy with school/uDG follow-up/my own projects right now, but depending on what you want, I may be able to help polish this off.

If interested, you can contact me at (lincolngreen(at)binkworks(dot)com).