iDevGames Forums
Error in opening the game - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: iPhone, iPad & iPod Game Development (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Error in opening the game (/thread-1993.html)

Error in opening the game - macmini - Dec 26, 2008 08:56 AM

Hi guys

I am trying to open application but i am getting error "the application cannot be opened". MY ipod touch 1st gen. is jailbroken version 2.2.Also want to ask can i use jailbroken ipod or iphone for development. Waiting for reply.

macmini

Error in opening the game - ThemsAllTook - Dec 26, 2008 09:09 AM

macmini Wrote:Also want to ask can i use jailbroken ipod or iphone for development.

I've heard of people doing it successfully, but it's obviously not recommended or supported by Apple. If you're writing an app for the App Store, you really, really should have a non-jailbroken device on which to test it.

Error in opening the game - macmini - Dec 27, 2008 07:52 AM

I am unable to open the game but same game is working in iphone 3g with same firmware which is 2.2. Guys please help me i want to test this game on ipodtouch but i am unable to do it.

Error in opening the game - riruilo - Dec 27, 2008 09:01 AM

macmini Wrote:I am unable to open the game but same game is working in iphone 3g with same firmware which is 2.2. Guys please help me i want to test this game on ipodtouch but i am unable to do it.

I think you need MobileInstallation or something like that, I don't remember the correct name. That message means that you cannot run the app bacause it is not properly signed, as far as I know.

You can develop perfectly with a jailbroken mobile ( for sure ) but it is not recommendable because of legal questions (not technical questions.)