iDevGames Forums
Thank you - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Zone (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Contests (/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: Thank you (/thread-2068.html)

Thank you - FlamingHairball - Dec 7, 2008 07:01 AM

Thanks to Carlos for setting up and maintaining the iDG forum and the uDG contest. Although I have never previously participated in a uDG, I am looking forward to entering this one.

Carlos has been taking a lot of heat lately for things that he may or may not be responsible for, but in my opinion, he has done an excellent job of getting sponsors and setting up uDG.

Thank you.

Thank you - ThemsAllTook - Dec 7, 2008 10:46 AM

Indeed. We appreciate all you're doing for the community, Carlos. Thanks!

Thank you - ERaZer - Dec 7, 2008 11:57 AM

Yes, I'll chime in as well. Thanks a lot for all your hard work, Carlos.

Thank you - EvolPenguin - Dec 7, 2008 02:28 PM

Me too, thanks a lot Carlos for a great site.
Alex

Thank you - megabassjosh - Dec 8, 2008 12:37 PM

I concur. Carlos is the man! Thanks for all the hard work.

Thank you - Carlos Camacho - Dec 8, 2008 06:58 PM

You're very welcome. You can pay me back by entering the contest and doing your best.
I hope you all make out with the prizes like our little buddy below...

[Image: udevgames-xmas.jpg]

Thank you - GryphonClaw - Dec 8, 2008 07:54 PM

Yeah, thanks for getting the contest going =) I'm having lots of fun getting my project off the ground!

Thank you - Carlos Camacho - Dec 8, 2008 08:23 PM

Cool...
It took a while to get the system running, but it makes things so much smoother... so much less stress this year. Though I still must tweak and implement various things.

Please reach out to Art, 3D, Audio forums and websites and recruit. Spread the news. My goal is to have 40 games this year.

Also, be sure to read:
http://themacgamer.com/2008/12/08/udevgames-we-may-see-the-next-john-carmack-david-crane-or-shigeru-miyamoto/

Thank you - Carlos Camacho - Dec 11, 2008 07:01 PM

Quick update on contest...
Seth says we are up to $20K in prize pool. Pretty good. Apress Books and Bare Bones Software will be added shortly as sponsors.

I hope to get an idea of how many devs are competing this year. A quick glance shows me many new names, so that is a plus, along with some 'old timers.'

Now, if we could just get ADC to remember the Mac platform for a moment. LOL

Cheers,