iDevGames Forums
Drag & Drop audio joiner - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Designer's Studio (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Drag & Drop audio joiner (/thread-2119.html)

Drag & Drop audio joiner - Carlos Camacho - Nov 21, 2008 09:23 PM

I have a folder of WAVs. I want to drop them onto some utility to join them and create one large WAV. I could convert them to MP3, or AIFF, as well, but basically I need something that will join these audio files. AT the moment, I am opening one at a time with QT player copying and pasting..... This takes forever.
Wacko

Drag & Drop audio joiner - FlamingHairball - Nov 22, 2008 10:05 AM

Try MonsterAudio.

This application was made from the time I saw this post till now, so it is not pretty and has not been tested. I won't take any responsibilities for crashes or anything. Smile

Requires 10.5.
http://www.binkworks.com/MonsterAudio.zip

Hope it helps.

Drag & Drop audio joiner - Carlos Camacho - Nov 23, 2008 11:43 AM

I dropped my WAV files into the window but nothing happened. Do the files need to be AIFF?

Thanks,

Drag & Drop audio joiner - FlamingHairball - Nov 23, 2008 02:45 PM

Ah…Â*Posted the wrong build; sorry about that.

It should work now.

Drag & Drop audio joiner - Carlos Camacho - Nov 23, 2008 03:42 PM

Ok, this time I was able to drag the files. And then save to MOV. But it seems that it didn't records my ten WAVs in the correct order. I have them names like sound01.wav, sound02.wav and so on. I assume that using a sequential numbering system would let me save in the right order. Also, I could covert MOV to WAV later, but if it can save directly to WAV, that would be cool.

Thanks for coding this!

Drag & Drop audio joiner - FlamingHairball - Nov 23, 2008 08:38 PM

It now sorts alphabetically by filename(beginning with first character).

No problem.

Drag & Drop audio joiner - Magnetron - Apr 21, 2009 03:35 PM

Magntron Audio here, for joining and audio files to make one larger file I would recomend using a audio editing tool like Soundforge.This sis a great program for splicing,joining, croping audio files then saving it in a format of your choice. hope this helps.