iDevGames Forums
iPhone Tech Talk World Tour - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Zone (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Assembly Room (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: iPhone Tech Talk World Tour (/thread-2334.html)

Pages: 1 2

iPhone Tech Talk World Tour - funkboy - Oct 9, 2008 06:06 AM

Has anyone else received an email about this, and is anyone going? Looks like Apple is offering a free one-day seminar on iPhone dev... a free, mini WWDC?

http://developer.apple.com/events/iphone/techtalks/

iPhone Tech Talk World Tour - Taxxodium - Oct 9, 2008 07:04 AM

I would go if I were in Europe, not sure how much it would cost me to go for 1 day to the US (from Mexico)

iPhone Tech Talk World Tour - JustinFic - Oct 9, 2008 08:45 AM

Wow, NYC filled up fast. I'm on the waitlist.

Looks like a quick rehash of the first two days of WWDC but it might mean getting some quality face time with engineers.

iPhone Tech Talk World Tour - Taxxodium - Oct 9, 2008 08:58 AM

And meanwhile the WWDC videos are still not available...

iPhone Tech Talk World Tour - EvolPenguin - Oct 9, 2008 09:04 AM

I would do it if I wasn't in college and it wasn't on a weekday in my nearby city Annoyed. Ah well. I would really like to go!
Alex

iPhone Tech Talk World Tour - monteboyd - Oct 9, 2008 09:17 AM

No game technologies demos in the London one, otherwise I might consider going although not sure I can afford a day off work right now. Anyone know where the London one is being held?

iPhone Tech Talk World Tour - Fenris - Oct 9, 2008 11:06 PM

I can really recommend these Tech Talks, they're usually pretty informal things where you can get some good answers from engineers involved. Try to make it there if you can. Smile

iPhone Tech Talk World Tour - BeyondCloister - Oct 10, 2008 01:38 AM

I was all excited when the email came through - especially with their tag line of "Stay where you are. We're coming to you." However Scotland does not feature on their list of places. I guess they must have used O2's 3G coverage map to find out where iPhone users are Sad

iPhone Tech Talk World Tour - funkboy - Oct 24, 2008 04:17 PM

Anyone planning to attend the Chicago one? Let me know.

iPhone Tech Talk World Tour - Zwilnik - Oct 24, 2008 05:43 PM

BeyondCloister Wrote:I was all excited when the email came through - especially with their tag line of "Stay where you are. We're coming to you." However Scotland does not feature on their list of places. I guess they must have used O2's 3G coverage map to find out where iPhone users are Sad

by the time they got round to emailing UK based devs all the London slots had gone anyway.

iPhone Tech Talk World Tour - funkboy - Oct 24, 2008 08:41 PM

Zwilnik Wrote:by the time they got round to emailing UK based devs all the London slots had gone anyway.
Still try signing up. You will be put on a waiting list, and may get in.

iPhone Tech Talk World Tour - reubert - Oct 24, 2008 08:49 PM

I'll be at the Sydney one. Hope to see a few of you there.

iPhone Tech Talk World Tour - EvolPenguin - Oct 25, 2008 12:45 AM

Funkboy: I would have tried to sign up for it if it wasn't a weekday. Ah well.
Alex

iPhone Tech Talk World Tour - Zwilnik - Oct 25, 2008 06:45 AM

funkboy Wrote:Still try signing up. You will be put on a waiting list, and may get in.

yup. then the only problem will be that it's at the wrong end of the country Smile

iPhone Tech Talk World Tour - Corun - Oct 26, 2008 07:14 AM

Zwilnik Wrote:by the time they got round to emailing UK based devs all the London slots had gone anyway.

I signed up a few hours before I got the email. I received
Quote:Dear Chris Emery,

Thank you for your interest in attending the iPhone Tech Talk being held in London on 07 November 2008. Due to the high demand and limited space at each venue, please do not make your travel plans until you receive an email confirming your registration.

Please contact us at techtalks@apple.com if you have any questions about this information.

Regards,

iPhone Developer Program

But never anything after that. So I guess I'm not in either.