iDevGames Forums
Changing resolution while already in full-screen mode? - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Graphics & Audio Programming (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Changing resolution while already in full-screen mode? (/thread-2590.html)

Changing resolution while already in full-screen mode? - Malarkey - Jun 10, 2008 06:01 PM

Okay, so I got a problem that I've been poking at for a couple days with no solution. Basically, I have an OpenGL project that goes into full-screen. No problems there. However, I'm having a bugger of a time trying to figure out how to change the monitor resolution again once I'm in full-screen mode. So say the user starts out at 1900 x 1200 and wants to lower the resolution down to 1024 x 768. I've figured out the calls that will set the monitor to this new resolution but my OpenGL context freaks out (and I am reshaping it to fit the new resolution) and pretty much draws garbage all over the screen. Do I have to create a new full-screen context or something? Am I skipping a critical step somewhere?

Changing resolution while already in full-screen mode? - AnotherJake - Jun 10, 2008 07:49 PM

I seem to recall a code sample from Apple that did this. I think it was called Mode Whacker or something like that. Yeah, pretty sure you need an entirely new full screen context for every display mode.