iDevGames Forums
WWDC Keynote - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: iPhone, iPad & iPod Game Development (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: WWDC Keynote (/thread-2594.html)

Pages: 1 2

WWDC Keynote - Corun - Jun 9, 2008 12:16 PM

I thought it sucked.

3g iPhone was obvious. The other 1.5 hours was boring. And even the 3g iPhone isn't out for like a month.

Nothing mac related. Nothing surprising.

I'm disappointed.

Your thoughts?

WWDC Keynote - aarku - Jun 9, 2008 12:25 PM

People expect too much. Smile

WWDC Keynote - Corun - Jun 9, 2008 12:26 PM

aarku Wrote:People expect too much. Smile

That's cos we're used to it, with Apple.

They've disappointed me!

WWDC Keynote - Nick - Jun 9, 2008 12:43 PM

After news of a $200 iPhone, I'll likely be doing more work on my Mac again (as opposed to all XNA like I've been for a long time). I'm still waiting for the video feed (I don't like those blog updates) before I'll know how the rest of the keynote goes.

WWDC Keynote - funkboy - Jun 9, 2008 12:49 PM

Sucked? Seriously?
Maybe on the technical side of things... but we got a preview of some products, timeframe for when programs will be ready, some pricing information, and a $199 (!!!) iPhone.
I am pleased... but that's about all I wanted.

WWDC Keynote - Duane - Jun 9, 2008 01:48 PM

Meh... iphone (not getting one), mobile me (not getting it), and the *announcement* of 10.6.

whee?

WWDC Keynote - AndyKorth - Jun 9, 2008 02:12 PM

Yeah, I was hoping for something Mac related... I have a normal phone and nobody calls me on it as it is... Although maybe if I had an iPhone someone would call me. *ponders*

WWDC Keynote - Skorche - Jun 9, 2008 02:24 PM

$200 iPhone? Haha that's pretty funny. How inconsequential is that to the cost of the plan? Has that changed in price?

WWDC Keynote - Volte - Jun 9, 2008 03:00 PM

That is a good question :/ but damn, the iPhones are cool. I was hoping for 32GB iPhones. (which will come out a week or two after I get mine)

Other than the price slash, everything else sucked. Jobs can take his mobile.me and shove it.

"Thats right Jobs! I can be an ******* too."

WWDC Keynote - kodex - Jun 9, 2008 03:44 PM

I am glad I was not the only person disappointed in mobileme. I wouldnt take it when Apple gave me a free .Mac account now I would acceept a free Moblieme account but still cant justify spending money on it.

I was impressed with the iPhone stuff but as always hate waiting for it.

10.6 .... Feels like maybe it should just be called 10.5.5 but maybe there is more that I am missing.

WWDC Keynote - Najdorf - Jun 9, 2008 04:55 PM

Skorche Wrote:$200 iPhone? Haha that's pretty funny. How inconsequential is that to the cost of the plan? Has that changed in price?

Indeed I hoped they stopped tying it to plans. Still for $200 I might go through the hassle of hacking one.

WWDC Keynote - PowerMacX - Jun 9, 2008 05:13 PM

Skorche Wrote:$200 iPhone? Haha that's pretty funny. How inconsequential is that to the cost of the plan? Has that changed in price?

From a US-centric point of view, sure Wink

Here (Argentina) taxes for imported goods, phones & mp3 players in particular, are HUGE so it does make a difference.

WWDC Keynote - reubert - Jun 9, 2008 05:27 PM

the plan has gone up $10 a month and you have to sign up for the plan in-store. So the price has effectively gone up $40 from before (2 year plan), and the option to unlock it without paying for the plan has been removed.

Much worse for US people than it was before, but hey we don't have em yet so be thankful you can get them at all Wink

WWDC Keynote - ferum - Jun 9, 2008 05:41 PM

yeah, nothing really surprised me. I am much more interested in an iPod touch than an iPhone. I'm disapointed they didn't do a quick update of that or a price drop or something. Though I guess there isn't really anything to do to it, and with the student discount I can get a $400 one for $100, so I'm not too upset, but I'm not excited either.

I need to stop reading all of the patents Apple files, they get my hopes up too much. Rasp

WWDC Keynote - SethWillits - Jun 9, 2008 07:54 PM

ferum Wrote:I need to stop reading all of the patents Apple files, they get my hopes up too much. Rasp

I'm still waiting for clear plastic iMacs that glow different colors with music, and turn red if there's an error. Rolleyes

--

The Keynote was exactly what I expected it would be, so I wasn't disappointed. An hour of showing off apps must have been fairly "meh" for a crowd of developers, but media exposure etc etc.

I'll of course be buying an iPhone now (in a month, I mean Cry) and surprisingly, MobileMe looks pretty nice to me. The only question I have is how/if I can use it with existing email addresses.

Snow Leopard: works for me. It'll give developers a chance to have more users catch up and start using the latest OS. Hopefully the information leaks will start soon enough so we can get a better idea of what will be changed Rasp