iDevGames Forums
Xcode 3.0 crashes on project load - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Tools & Technology (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Xcode 3.0 crashes on project load (/thread-2798.html)

Xcode 3.0 crashes on project load - stevejohnson - Jan 26, 2008 09:47 PM

Whenever I open any project in Xcode, it freezes and I have to force quit. Leopard is up to date, I have no extensions/templates/etc installed, and I reinstalled Xcode once. Even the examples don't work. I did try deleting the preferences.

Any ideas? I searched the mailing lists and came up with no solutions that I hadn't already tried.

Xcode 3.0 crashes on project load - OneSadCookie - Jan 26, 2008 11:30 PM

Xcode 3.0 hangs for up to about 5 minutes on some project openings. I'm not sure if that's a 64-bit thing (in which case ticking the "open in 32-bit mode" in the Finder may help) or whether it's a more-than-two processors thing. Your MBP specs suggest the former.

Of course, you could have found a hang which doesn't end, in which case filing a bug report and recreating your project from scratch (or using a sane build system) is probably in order.

Xcode 3.0 crashes on project load - OneSadCookie - Jan 26, 2008 11:31 PM

Whoops, misread the post as "my" not "any" :/

I assume you've deleted your preferences, that being the obvious thing missing from your list...

Xcode 3.0 crashes on project load - stevejohnson - Jan 27, 2008 12:03 AM

OneSadCookie Wrote:Whoops, misread the post as "my" not "any" :/

I assume you've deleted your preferences, that being the obvious thing missing from your list...
I did try that. Post duly edited.

Xcode 3.0 crashes on project load - backslash - Jan 27, 2008 05:28 AM

Have you tried repairing permissions? Xcode might be waiting for something that doesn't have permission to launch. You could also watch the Activity Monitor as you open a project - you might see something pop up there to give you a clue.
Does this happen when you create a new project too? I imagine it would but you never know.

Xcode 3.0 crashes on project load - stevejohnson - Jan 27, 2008 10:43 AM

It happens with every project.

Looks like OSC was right about the five minute delay. Projects do open after five minutes or so. I haven't tried running in 32 bit mode yet. News at eleven.

Xcode 3.0 crashes on project load - SethWillits - Jan 28, 2008 02:50 PM

Anyone sampled it to see what it's doing?

Xcode 3.0 crashes on project load - gevapatz - Jan 30, 2008 11:12 PM

Try disabling distributed builds in your XCode preferences. Open the relevant preference pane and make sure that all the check boxes are not checked (including the 'Bonjour' checkbox. This fixed the problem for me in XCode 3.0.