iDevGames Forums
Please Help - Psychology Survey For Game - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Game Design (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Please Help - Psychology Survey For Game (/thread-3331.html)

Please Help - Psychology Survey For Game - lunar_wolf_akira - Apr 25, 2007 03:13 PM

I am a student in a game design lab and we are trying to broaden the scope of games. Please help us by taking our quick survey.

There are two parts: a question/answer portion and a series of very short games.

Flash player is required and you must use Internet Explorer to play.

http://igd.cart.org/ridiculous

Please Help - Psychology Survey For Game - OneSadCookie - Apr 25, 2007 06:45 PM

... because *everybody* on a Mac game programming board is going to be using IE Rasp

Seriously though, why bias your survey so that only stupid people, or people without experience with computers, take it?

Please Help - Psychology Survey For Game - Joseph Duchesne - Apr 25, 2007 06:57 PM

requiring IE is a bad idea. For all people know your survey could be an IE only virus Wink

Also, what OSC is referring to is the fact that IE was discontinued for mac, and even if not, other browsers are better.

Please Help - Psychology Survey For Game - AnotherJake - Apr 25, 2007 09:20 PM

What's IE?

Seriously, I just looked in my apps folder and I realized for the first time in many years that I have never installed it on this computer... It's *that* dead... ded ded...

But hey, hello there in Clovis! I lived there for a while many years ago (Clovis NM that is). Nice little town.

Please Help - Psychology Survey For Game - SethWillits - Apr 25, 2007 10:01 PM

....... /me shakes his hung head ........

Please Help - Psychology Survey For Game - Taxxodium - Apr 25, 2007 11:30 PM

Tss, and you call yourselves programmers. You do know you can use Safari as IE right?

Quit Safari and write the following on the terminal: defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeDebugMenu YES

Launch safari and if you did it right you'll see a Debug menu next to the Help menu. In the User Agent menu select Windows MSIE6.0

That's it, it is still possible the page won't work correctly but at least you'll be able to see the questions Smile

Please Help - Psychology Survey For Game - unknown - Apr 26, 2007 05:19 AM

Why do you require IE?

Please Help - Psychology Survey For Game - ThemsAllTook - Apr 26, 2007 06:15 AM

Taxxodium Wrote:Launch safari and if you did it right you'll see a Debug menu next to the Help menu. In the User Agent menu select Windows MSIE6.0
Works fine running Safari like that, which demonstrates that the Internet Explorer requirement is completely arbitrary and unnecessary.

Please Help - Psychology Survey For Game - Nevada - Apr 26, 2007 06:29 AM

Yeah, I noticed that whenever a website requires IE, they're most likely lying and Safari's debug menu proves that.

BTW, I'm from the little town of Belen, NM...

Please Help - Psychology Survey For Game - Leisure Suit Lurie - Apr 26, 2007 05:14 PM

Taxxodium Wrote:Tss, and you call yourselves programmers. You do know you can use Safari as IE right?

Its not a matter of calling ourselves programmers, it's a matter of jumping through hoops to do this stranger a favor.

Please Help - Psychology Survey For Game - aarku - Apr 26, 2007 07:31 PM

Actually it's just a psychology experiment to see how we all react. Genius.

Please Help - Psychology Survey For Game - Leisure Suit Lurie - Apr 27, 2007 03:33 PM

aarku Wrote:Actually it's just a psychology experiment to see how we all react. Genius.

Leggo my Ego!

Please Help - Psychology Survey For Game - BinarySpike - Apr 28, 2007 01:37 PM

I'm very impressed with your survey. If you have any results (of course without compromising privacy) on map making. I would sure like them. I watch map makers, map players and critics very closely to figure out the *best* maps to make.

Oh yeah, last time I checked my IP whois'd to clovis, nm...

Please Help - Psychology Survey For Game - imikedaman - May 11, 2007 01:49 PM

Hey thanks for also practically requiring that your users not use a trackpad! I couldn't get remotely close to finishing any of those because I have to drag my finger multiple times to reach a target.

Please Help - Psychology Survey For Game - Hog - May 12, 2007 05:12 AM

imikedaman Wrote:Hey thanks for also practically requiring that your users not use a trackpad! I couldn't get remotely close to finishing any of those because I have to drag my finger multiple times to reach a target.

I'm sure this is not really a trackpad issue.
There really isn't much of an advantage if you do this with a mouse. Generally you won't get much of the stuff finished no matter what kind of input device you use (maybe a gas pedal and a steering wheel).