iDevGames Forums
iDevApps banned? - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Zone (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Assembly Room (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: iDevApps banned? (/thread-364.html)

iDevApps banned? - Baldock - Feb 3, 2010 04:51 AM

g'day, looks like my account at idevapps.com got banned forever without a reason. Whats the gossip?

Blink

iDevApps banned? - AnotherJake - Feb 3, 2010 07:27 AM

Hmm... You're not on the ban list. Do you use a name different than Baldock there? What does it do that makes you think you've been banned? Does it not load or did you get an email or something?

iDevApps banned? - AndyKorth - Feb 3, 2010 07:46 AM

Sometimes Carlos does batch bannings. Last time my account here was erased was when he sent a bulk email out and erased every account that had the email bounce. Unfortunately, the email he sent from failed a reverse dns check, which is a common anti-spam technique (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-spam_techniques_(e-mail)#PTR.2FReverse_DNS_checks), so my mail server bounced the emails. My account was deleted once before that, possibly for the same reason. So it's kind of just a fact of life. This account has lasted a while though!

iDevApps banned? - Carlos Camacho - Feb 3, 2010 01:51 PM

Hello Justin.

Welcome back!

When forum users' emails start to bounce, I shift them to a special category so that they stop getting emails from the system and myself. Keeps all the bounces down. That category is something similar to a ban. So should the user come back into the forum, they'll buzz me (like you did), I'll/they will update their email address and then their account is fully restored.

What brings you back into the world of development?
Cool

iDevApps banned? - Baldock - Feb 3, 2010 03:19 PM

Middle of last year I got myself a ipod touch. Wanted to start playing again with software dev. Upgraded from the little intel Mac Mini to a iMac. Top if off, last week work got me an iPhone. Also I've finished up most of my programming subjects for my dip in software dev and I think I've got time to start playing again.

iDevApps banned? - Carlos Camacho - Feb 4, 2010 06:03 PM

Nice. Glad to see you back. All the regulars seem to be making $$$ from their iPhone apps. Smile