iDevGames Forums
Game interface front-end design - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Game Design (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Game interface front-end design (/thread-3642.html)

Game interface front-end design - rjoshicool - Dec 12, 2006 07:33 AM

i wanted to know if adobe flash can b used to develop frontend gui like menus, hud etc. for 3d games made in directx & vc++.
if yes, how is this possible?

Game interface front-end design - TylerHutchison - Dec 13, 2006 06:21 PM

I'm not sure if you can export of GUI from Adobe Flash... however it probably is not a bad tool for prototyping a GUI.

You might want to try asking this in a Flash forum, or maybe a DirectX forum or a Visual C++ forum. Most of the people here will probably not be able to help you very much with DirectX and VC++.

Game interface front-end design - AnotherJake - Dec 13, 2006 08:01 PM

TylerHutchison Wrote:Most of the people here will probably not be able to help you very much with DirectX and VC++.
Well, some of us could, but nah... 'cuz then we'd have to do twenty lashes in repentance. *Macintosh* rjoshicool, Macintosh... Macs don't do DX or VC++.

They do Flash and 3D games though, and the question is a semi-interesting one in that light. Can it be done? Does WebKit have support for it out of the box?

Game interface front-end design - Nortie - Dec 13, 2006 08:52 PM

I have tried having a flash interface before, not for a game, just as a test. I could not actually get transparent backgrounds to work. Flash does not seem to have the ability to have a transparent background without real time clipping (although this was maybe six months ago, so maybe they have added that option). It does seem like an interesting test to do though.

Game interface front-end design - Fenris - Dec 14, 2006 12:19 AM

There is a third-party Flash library, crossplatform and all, that should be possible to integrate into your application. Can't find it now, but I know it's on SourceForge.