iDevGames Forums
Teams of more than one person - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Zone (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Contests (/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: Teams of more than one person (/thread-3698.html)

Teams of more than one person - stevejohnson - Nov 22, 2006 09:33 PM

Is it at all possible to supply more than one Unity license to the winning teams of more than one person so we don't have to fight amongst ourselves for it?

Teams of more than one person - BeyondCloister - Nov 23, 2006 02:21 AM

diordna Wrote:Is it at all possible to supply more than one Unity license to the winning teams of more than one person so we don't have to fight amongst ourselves for it?

I would be surprised if this was the case. What is to stop someone saying they have a team of 6 and then selling the 5 other license keys on eBay or such a place?

Teams of more than one person - unknown - Nov 23, 2006 05:31 AM

Someones conscience.

Teams of more than one person - KittyMac - Nov 23, 2006 10:40 AM

IMHO, OTEE has been very generous with the prizes for this contests. At least all participants in the team should be able to get the 9-month trial.

Teams of more than one person - Najdorf - Nov 23, 2006 10:55 AM

Quote:At least all participants in the team should be able to get the 9-month trial.

So who's letting me free ride their entry? XD

Teams of more than one person - imikedaman - Nov 23, 2006 12:12 PM

Andrew Sage Wrote:I would be surprised if this was the case. What is to stop someone saying they have a team of 6 and then selling the 5 other license keys on eBay or such a place?
Typically developers are on the other side of piracy. Rasp

Teams of more than one person - StarManta - Nov 25, 2006 07:50 AM

imikedaman Wrote:Typically developers are on the other side of piracy. Rasp

The ones who do it for a living, sure... hobbyists often pirate their development tools.

But then you get into the "have the developers really lost anything from people who wouldn't pay anyway" arguments, and we don't want to hijack this thread. Yet.

Teams of more than one person - AnotherJake - Nov 25, 2006 08:39 PM

StarManta Wrote:The ones who do it for a living, sure... hobbyists often pirate their development tools.
How about some data to back that up? It seems to me that hobbyists often *make* their development tools!

Teams of more than one person - Joseph Duchesne - Nov 25, 2006 09:49 PM

StarManta Wrote:The ones who do it for a living, sure... hobbyists often pirate their development tools.

But then you get into the "have the developers really lost anything from people who wouldn't pay anyway" arguments, and we don't want to hijack this thread. Yet.

While I can't claim to have always had a spotless record, all tools I use for development are either free or payed for. People generally never use a pirated tool near its full potential and get bored with it soon. Also, of one is too lazy to buy software, they are far, far likely too lazy to ever complete a game.

And wouldn't it be ironic, to be a pirate on the one hand and then turn around and code copy protection on the other? Software piracy strikes me as an immature practice and it usually takes a person more mature than that to bring a project to fruition.

Teams of more than one person - Najdorf - Nov 26, 2006 07:44 AM

Luckily nowadays you can do a lot of stuff with free programs. Only 10 years ago things were very different.