iDevGames Forums
mini contest idea -- updating previous entries? - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Zone (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Contests (/forum-19.html)
+--- Thread: mini contest idea -- updating previous entries? (/thread-4128.html)

mini contest idea -- updating previous entries? - kgreene - Jul 2, 2006 01:10 PM

I was thinking about a contest entry I submitted for udevgames 2002...I haven't really done any improvements on the game since then, and it gave me the idea for a contest.

What about a contest (a short mini contest of some type) that consisted of non-winning entries of any previous contest (or maybe udevgame)? I guess that would depend a lot on how much work had been done since then, maybe it could be restricted to entries that haven't had a lot of improvements since the contest they were entered in or something.

There are a lot of games I've seen in previous contests that looked like they had a lot of potential, but just weren't finished (including mine I suppose).

Anyway, just a thought...

Kevin

mini contest idea -- updating previous entries? - Leisure Suit Lurie - Jul 2, 2006 02:35 PM

That would be really tricky to make fair.

mini contest idea -- updating previous entries? - kgreene - Jul 2, 2006 04:28 PM

I agree...maybe it could just be for fun with no prizes. Somehow the contests give me enough incentive to work on something where normally I might not spend the time on it.

mini contest idea -- updating previous entries? - Leisure Suit Lurie - Jul 2, 2006 04:58 PM

It might work as a surprise theme and only apply to former contest entries that had not gone on to be shareware titles or anything.

mini contest idea -- updating previous entries? - Zwilnik - Jul 2, 2006 05:33 PM

I like the idea, but the original authors should decide whether or not their game gets the treatment and whether it'll be them doing it or nominate someone to do it for them.