iDevGames Forums
Incoming call status bar and full-screen open GL. - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: iPhone, iPad & iPod Game Development (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Incoming call status bar and full-screen open GL. (/thread-419.html)

Incoming call status bar and full-screen open GL. - Madrayken - Jan 20, 2010 04:55 PM

I've done the usual thing with my app, and turned off the status bar so that I have a nice, clear full-screen area for my openGLES view.

Due to another problem (my app quits during incoming calls, but not other interruptions - I'm using an iPod as a dev machine so it's hard to fix!) I've been trying to see what happens when you use the simulator to mimic an incoming call status bar.

The answer? Nothing. The bar, presumably, pops up invisibly. This seems bad. What do other people do in this situation? Stop drawing over the top 32/64 pixels of the screen? If so, what callbacks are you setting up to check this status bar change? Or are you just ignoring it?

Many thanks, as ever, for any help!

Incoming call status bar and full-screen open GL. - maximile - Jan 21, 2010 03:28 AM

The call status bar is hidden if the status bar is hidden. It's the expected behaviour, I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's not being drawn over or anything.

Incoming call status bar and full-screen open GL. - Madrayken - Jan 21, 2010 08:10 AM

Phew. :-)

I really must get an iPhone at some point, as there's quite a lot of stuff I just don't know about expectations on the device. An iPod doesn't really cut it...