iDevGames Forums
'Unidentified error' error in Xcode - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Tools & Technology (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: 'Unidentified error' error in Xcode (/thread-4191.html)

'Unidentified error' error in Xcode - scgames - Jun 10, 2006 12:19 AM

Occasionally in my current project the build fails, bailing out with the usual message:

- Command/Developer/Private/jam failed with exit code 1
- Build failed (1 error)

However, no particular error is specified. As far as I can tell it happens during linking. A clean and rebuild doesn't fix the problem, but backing up to a previous version of the source usually does. So far though I haven't been able to identify where exactly the error was introduced.

Am I missing something obvious? What exactly does it mean when Xcode reports a build error but provides no information about the error?

Thanks,

Jesse

(Xcode 2.3, OS X 10.4.6)

'Unidentified error' error in Xcode - Skorche - Jun 10, 2006 01:11 AM

On the build pane, there is a button at the botton with dotted lines on it (right next to the yellow triangle). Click that to pull up the build log and see what the problem is. XCode isn't perfect it won't give a nice error message for everything.

'Unidentified error' error in Xcode - scgames - Jun 10, 2006 01:38 AM

Skorche Wrote:On the build pane, there is a button at the botton with dotted lines on it (right next to the yellow triangle). Click that to pull up the build log and see what the problem is.
Thank you very much, that's exactly what I was looking for. Problem solved Smile