iDevGames Forums
Games with nice GUI's - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Designer's Studio (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Games with nice GUI's (/thread-5026.html)

Games with nice GUI's - hangt5 - Sep 17, 2005 01:17 PM

Can anyone think of examples of games with real nice GUI's (In game and menu). I desperately need to get inspired!

Games with nice GUI's - Andrew - Sep 17, 2005 03:55 PM

hangt5 Wrote:Can anyone think of examples of games with real nice GUI's (In game and menu). I desperately need to get inspired!

Though I've never played the game, I think the GUI elements in Metal Gear Solid 2 looked wicked.

Games with nice GUI's - igame3d - Sep 19, 2005 12:54 AM

Can't think of good game UI off hand, Tomb Raider maybe.
There is a book available for designing game UI's "Game Interface Design" maybe.
Head down to your local mega-bookstore and see if they have it, it might
just be the ticket to turn your brain on.

Games with nice GUI's - Fenris - Sep 19, 2005 06:35 AM

Beyond Good and Evil did everything right, including the GUI. It was very centric around a gamepad, though. Also, The Sims' GUI has been the subject of a few papers. Go look for "pie menus".

Games with nice GUI's - blobbo - Sep 19, 2005 07:19 AM

I've always liked menus where you felt like you were already in the game.

I think the coolest menu I've seen in a long time was in Katamari (incidentally, a wonderful game for Gamecube. Don't know if it's available in North America - I played it in Japanese on my girlfriend's Gamecube after she brought it back from one of her numerous Japan trips).

Games with nice GUI's - MarkJ - Sep 19, 2005 01:31 PM

heh, Katamari isn't only available in North America, it did better here than in Japan, and the sequel for PS2 comes out in 2 days!

Games with nice GUI's - blobbo - Sep 19, 2005 03:51 PM

Very fun game. What a great little idea.

Games with nice GUI's - codemattic - Sep 20, 2005 12:48 PM

wait there is a *Gamecube* version of Katamari? I thought it was only for PS2. The Japanese Gamecube version never made it to the States I guess.

Games with nice GUI's - unknown - Sep 20, 2005 12:59 PM

Katamari Damasi?
Where you are the ball of glue??
If so is there any way you can play it on GC or rev. without buying a revolution (or ps2). Ive wanted that game for ages!!

Games with nice GUI's - blobbo - Sep 20, 2005 05:07 PM

Sorry, it may well have been on Playstation. Ah, the confusion of having a girlfriend who owns several consoles... Wink

Games with nice GUI's - hangt5 - Sep 20, 2005 05:16 PM

Wow thanks for all the "Homework!"