iDevGames Forums
Skies, anyone? - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Designer's Studio (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Skies, anyone? (/thread-6017.html)

Skies, anyone? - aerowave714 - Dec 21, 2004 06:20 PM

Hello, all-

If anyone would like any seamless sky textures, then let me know and I will do my best to help out. I have Bryce 4, (a 3D-environment creation tool), which lets me render a 360-degree panoramic view of the sky/ground/whatever and save it as a texture to be used for your sky. I was thinking this might be helpful for the person making the Star Fox-type game (or maybe not lol), but just in case, I wanted to let everyone know. If you want me to submit a couple examples, let me know.

-Tim

Skies, anyone? - nahid - Dec 21, 2004 10:49 PM

Hey that would be really cool,

do you think you can make a sky with clouds and a night sky with stars, becuase that would be really nice.

thanks

Skies, anyone? - aerowave714 - Dec 23, 2004 09:21 AM

Certainly!

I can specify the amount of clouds, cloud color, the amount of stars, sky color, whether there is a "horizon," and many other things. So, just specify what you need. Are you thinking just a blue sky with clouds or... ? Also, tell me what size you want for the picture: 512 x 512, 256 x 256, etc.

I made a few samples at 512 x 512. First, a generic blue sky with clouds and sun, then the same sky with a "land," then a night sky.

Clouds.png
CloudsLand.png
Night.png

You may want to play around with the sky settings in dim3, but here's what I use:
Sky:
width: 15
height: 60
apex: 4

Texture:
x: 1
z: 3
y: 1

-Tim

Skies, anyone? - nahid - Dec 23, 2004 09:24 AM

ok aerowave

Do you think you can get on AIM, i think i have ur username, because i have a lot to explain and i need a little help. SO please get on my username is Nmushfiqur.

please get on

thanks

Skies, anyone? - Chronosv2 - Dec 23, 2004 05:47 PM

I'm impressed with your work, aerowave714, and would like to accept your offer to put your talent to use in my game (which I'm quite appreciative you thought of when making your initial post). You've filled one of the 3 "categories" I need to fill:
Skies
Textures
Player Model/Enemy Models

Again, I appreciate the offer, and I'll get in contact you when I know what I'll need.

Thanks again,
Kevin

Skies, anyone? - DebbieK - Oct 5, 2005 08:44 AM

Hi aerowave714 ........

I was looking for images of clouds on google, and came across your picture (cached) of purple/yellowish clouds. Name clouds.png

Would it be possible to send it to me, I'd really like it for a background image.

Thanks,
Debbie

Skies, anyone? - willThimbleby - Oct 5, 2005 09:26 AM

There are some very good and very high-res ones here:
http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24738

Skies, anyone? - akb825 - Oct 5, 2005 09:39 AM

You do realize that this thread is almost a year old, right?aerowave hasn't posted much, so I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't visit these forums anymore.

I find it funny, though, that he talks about "helping the person who is making a Star Fox like game," since I'm also making a Star Fox like game, which I posted about in Work in Progress. It made me check twice when I noticed the date. Rasp (which I noticed when the links didn't work)

Skies, anyone? - DebbieK - Oct 5, 2005 09:43 AM

Thanks willThimbleby ...... good link.

akb825 --- yes I am aware of that ..... worth a shot anyway.

Skies, anyone? - Dark Helmet - Oct 7, 2005 02:35 PM

As for him being gone, his example links are down.