iDevGames Forums
Education version of Photoshop7 - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Designer's Studio (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Education version of Photoshop7 (/thread-7108.html)

Education version of Photoshop7 - Mars_999 - May 2, 2003 03:47 PM

I have access to buy Photoshop 7 through my college for $300. If I do this and use it to do some graphics work on my Mac for game development is that ok? I was wondering if anyone else has done this or if it's even legal? Thanks

Education version of Photoshop7 - skyhawk - May 2, 2003 03:51 PM

It should be 100% legal since it is just an educational discounts (aka you are a college student and are poor). So have fun! Smile

Education version of Photoshop7 - Bachus - May 2, 2003 04:01 PM

I don't see why it wouldn't be legal. It's just an education discount, not a personal learning edition like the free Maya.

Is $300 a good price for Photoshop (with an education discount)? I guess I'm just used to spending $200 or less for Photoshop since I'm always upgrading from the previous version.

Education version of Photoshop7 - skyhawk - May 2, 2003 04:11 PM

Quote:Originally posted by Bachus
I don't see why it wouldn't be legal. It's just an education discount, not a personal learning edition like the free Maya.

Is $300 a good price for Photoshop (with an education discount)? I guess I'm just used to spending $200 or less for Photoshop since I'm always upgrading from the previous version.

If I recall correctly, Regular Photoshop runs $700 and the upgrade runs $199. so $300 for a brand new copy is a great deal.

Education version of Photoshop7 - Mars_999 - May 2, 2003 04:11 PM

It's the full version for $300!

Education version of Photoshop7 - Joseph Duchesne - May 2, 2003 04:15 PM

Get it! I got it Grin. Full version to. Just go to academicsuperstore.com $268.95 and save 30$(if your in the US). I love edu. discounts.

Education version of Photoshop7 - Mars_999 - May 2, 2003 04:17 PM

Quote:Originally posted by Joseph Duchesne
Get it! I got it Grin. Full version to. Just go to academicsuperstore.com $268.95 and save 30$(if your in the US). I love edu. discounts.

Cool thanks Jo

Education version of Photoshop7 - Joseph Duchesne - May 3, 2003 06:39 AM

To bad I can't buy stuff at academic superstore Sad I'm canadian and you can't buy US academic stuff. So... I just bought the adobe whatjamacallit box with PS7,Illistrator, In Design and acrobat for 400canadian$ Grin

Education version of Photoshop7 - AJ Infinity - May 8, 2003 04:59 PM

Also, goto Spyrysoft.com/mac, Genesis Technologies, and Creation Engine.com for edu. discounts. Sprysoft is the cheapest, but Academic Superstore has the largest selection. I got After Effects, Bryce, and Flash MX through Creation Engine, and LightWave and Director through Academic Superstore. Well, I didn't purchase them all at the same time, of course. Smile