iDevGames Forums
Adobe Photoshop & and Photoelements 2.0? - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Designer's Studio (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Adobe Photoshop & and Photoelements 2.0? (/thread-7270.html)

Adobe Photoshop & and Photoelements 2.0? - Mars_999 - Feb 27, 2003 05:11 PM

When I get my next Mac I don't want to be without some kind of art program to do some textures or image editing. I was told that Photoelements 2.0 is like Photoshop but has a few missing options? I find that hard to believe? Does Photoelements allow you to add alpha into your textures and save the texture as any file format and change it options? e.g. 32bit, or compressed or uncompressed .tga files? Yea $100 is a lot better than spending $700!! But if I can't do the things I need to make graphics or edit them for a game I guess I need to spend the $700. Ouch!!

Adobe Photoshop & and Photoelements 2.0? - OneSadCookie - Feb 27, 2003 05:35 PM

Photoshop Elements is pretty good, I thought. It does do alpha channels. Download the demo and try it -- it's only like 150MB.

Adobe Photoshop & and Photoelements 2.0? - Skorche - Feb 27, 2003 05:36 PM

Elements does not allow the use of masks. You will be able to do alpha with it, but without masks it will be really difficult. Masks are really powerful, I found Elements hard to do anything that I do without them. Both Photoshop and Elements have 30 day demos, download them and see which will do what yo want.

Adobe Photoshop & and Photoelements 2.0? - Mars_999 - Feb 27, 2003 06:12 PM

Quote:Originally posted by OneSadCookie
Photoshop Elements is pretty good, I thought. It does do alpha channels. Download the demo and try it -- it's only like 150MB.

Funny I need a Mac first!! Wow

Adobe Photoshop & and Photoelements 2.0? - OneSadCookie - Feb 27, 2003 06:18 PM

Photoshop Elements is available for Windows as well as Macintosh. I don't know why the demo wouldn't be.

Adobe Photoshop & and Photoelements 2.0? - Mars_999 - Feb 27, 2003 06:21 PM

Quote:Originally posted by OneSadCookie
Photoshop Elements is available for Windows as well as Macintosh. I don't know why the demo wouldn't be.

As long as they are verbatum copies of each other.

Adobe Photoshop & and Photoelements 2.0? - Darkgold - Feb 27, 2003 11:15 PM

yeah they are