iDevGames Forums
Sim Something - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Game Design (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Sim Something (/thread-7413.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Sim Something - Jake - Jan 8, 2003 06:09 PM

I am considering making a Sim game, because Sim games are VERY addictive, It may sell good for shareware.

Do you guys think this is a good idea? If so have and ideas for the game, sim "SOMETHING"?

Sim Something - Dr. Light - Jan 8, 2003 09:16 PM

How about a helicopter sim? They are virtually non-existant on the Mac.

About everything else you can think of was taken by MAXIS durring the early nineties. Sim farm Sim Ant Sim Safari Sim City Sim City 2000 Sim City 3000 Sim Copter Sim Farm Sim Earth Sim Town Streets of Sim City Sim Tower Sim Dim Flim Shim Skim.....Blah. Did I get 'em all? Blink

Hmmm. How about a Mac Shareware Developer sim? Submarine Sim? Those are pretty popular. How about a sim of a company that sells Sim games? It could be called Sim Maksis.

I dunno. Just a few tired thoughts. I started out serious but lost it when I started naming all the Maxis games.Rolleyes

Sim Something - skyhawk - Jan 8, 2003 09:25 PM

SimCohol (sounds better than SimBar). Your job is to build a bar. You have to buy better drinks, but you can't necessarily have the "best drink" to do good. You have to diversify. Plus you have to train new bartenders to mix drinks and such. Perhaps even make it Coyote Ugly like and allow people to have bar dancing, and lighting bars on fire. Of course you have to deal with bar brawls and the maffia and prohibition. Just a start.

Sim Something - DoG - Jan 8, 2003 09:49 PM

How about Sim Car, where you would have a car factory right next to the bar, and had to deal with all kinds of manufacturing errors due to excess alcohol and your cars blew up because of that? You might as well start sim police, where you would have to manage a police station and send your cops out to the streets or undercover chasing drug dealers. Maybe you could even include some cool car chases.

Sim Something - flipflop - Jan 8, 2003 10:43 PM

So many Sim's to choose from! I thought about Sim Pimp but thought that wouldn't cater to the female audience. How about Sim Ocean, Sim Aquarium, Sim Stadium, Sim NASA, Sim Water Park, Sim Heaven, Sim Hell, Sim Limbo, Sim Nuclear War, etc...

Sim Something - David - Jan 8, 2003 11:01 PM

I would like a police sim, kinda like gta but the other way around. Yes I know you can do 'vigilante missions' in gta3 but they're pretty lame.

Sim Something - David - Jan 8, 2003 11:14 PM

SimPeasant
For everyone who wants to see what it was like to be a peasant (i.e. nobody)

SimSpaceStation
Like SimCity, but in space!

SimArmyBase
Build an army base and buy guards etc... and then try and infiltrate it James Bond style
Or attack a friend's...
Or have a huge online game where everyone is a guard except one, and you take turns infiltrating.
Or whatever.

Symnastics
Like THPS but without the skateboards! Can increase abilities to matrix/crouching-tiger-esque moves.

SimFencing
Yeah...

SimWilderness
Pick an animal and try to stay alive for 5 minutes avoiding predators and/or catching prey to unlock more...

Ok that's enough random stupid ideas from me for today

Sim Something - Jake - Jan 9, 2003 03:09 PM

Lots of good ideas, I like the SimSpace idea, where you build a space colony.

I will think about theseSmile

Sim Something - Dr. Light - Jan 9, 2003 03:48 PM

I like that one too jake. Jump on it before someone else does!Grin

Sim Something - GameDev - Jan 9, 2003 06:54 PM

SimSpace already exists...

...remember the Space Colony graphics pack for the original SimCity? Grin

Sim Something - GameDev - Jan 9, 2003 07:05 PM

Sim U Dev Games
Develope a virtual game going throug steps that real programmers need to go through (built in graphics, sound, etc)
It would be kind of like a game wizard but a lot simpler. You wouldn't need to see your finished game. It could be set up like SimCinema. At the end, instead of releasing your movie, you would send your game into a virtual U Dev Games contest.

You could also remake Sim Cinema. It would be about 3x easier than U Dev.

Anyways, whatever you choose to do, good luck. Sim Space Colony sounds cool, but the minute you release it you're going to hear from EA's legal department Grin

Sim Something - Dr. Light - Jan 9, 2003 07:38 PM

This would be more than a graphics pack, it would have completely different financial/gameplay models.

For instance, Jake could have a special part of the game do a missile command like thing whenever the station passes through an asteroid belt, or simulate a fire that has to be contained as well as damage control there after. Just don't call it Sim Space.Grin

Sim Something - w_reade - Jan 9, 2003 07:44 PM

Cym Space? You'd have to put up with people saying "kime space"... actually, you could tell the lawyers that it was meant to be pronounced "kime", just in case...

Actually, faintly interesting digression... can you get away with that sort of thing? I've heard of Redbook trainers and so on, so presumably it's legally ok... but what if you have something that is actually meant to be pronounced (but not written) the same as some big name?

Sim Something - GameDev - Jan 9, 2003 07:54 PM

Call it SpaceSim. They can't get after you then Grin

Sim Something - Jake - Jan 9, 2003 08:07 PM

Hum, what name should I go with that won't get me in troubleGrin...

Mabey I should go with homers idea, Sim Sandwhich