iDevGames Forums
Textures showing only white for some beta testers - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Graphics & Audio Programming (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Textures showing only white for some beta testers (/thread-7721.html)

Textures showing only white for some beta testers - monteboyd - Jun 5, 2002 04:27 PM

I've had two beta testers now who have my game not running properly as it plays with no textures, everything is white.

The first tester just mentioned being on an old 3D card so I thought that was the problem. However, the second tester who reported this problem is using the exact same machine spec as the one I developed the game on, an iBook Graphite SE 366 with a Rage Mobility with 4MB VRAM.

Any ideas as to why this problem is happening? An older version of OpenGL perhaps? That seems unlikely because both testers can play other 3D games fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Textures showing only white for some beta testers - rangaroek - Jun 6, 2002 12:03 AM

Quote:Originally posted by monteboyd
I've had two beta testers now who have my game not running properly as it plays with no textures, everything is white.

The first tester just mentioned being on an old 3D card so I thought that was the problem. However, the second tester who reported this problem is using the exact same machine spec as the one I developed the game on, an iBook Graphite SE 366 with a Rage Mobility with 4MB VRAM.

Any ideas as to why this problem is happening? An older version of OpenGL perhaps? That seems unlikely because both testers can play other 3D games fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, it seems to me that binding of your textures
fails. Probably you should add some log code when
you create your textures ...

adios, rangaroek

Textures showing only white for some beta testers - monteboyd - Jun 6, 2002 05:03 PM

Got this one sorted. The user had an older version of OpenGL.