iDevGames Forums
Game design feedback - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Game Design (/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Game design feedback (/thread-8224.html)

Game design feedback - tross - Oct 18, 2010 09:53 PM

Hi all, working on my first iOS game (my background is in Flash) and though i'd try to garner some feedback! The game works a bit like WiiFit soccer, in that you have to catch the fruit, but avoid other random objects.

Its only about 90% complete, but most everything works. I'm in the process of re-designing the graphics.

[Image: junglesnax.png]

Cheers,
Tys

RE: Game design feedback - AnotherJake - Oct 18, 2010 10:02 PM

Any links or other info? Otherwise I am seeing you as a potential forum bot, being as how this is your first post.

RE: Game design feedback - skyhawk - Oct 18, 2010 10:04 PM

screenshot?

RE: Game design feedback - tross - Oct 18, 2010 10:07 PM

I'm not a bot? I had trouble with my image link but it seems to work now. (for me at least). I'm using trunc.it image hosting.

If no one can see it i'll re-upload on my own hosting.

In any case, the game is called Jungle Snax and its being developed for the iPhone.

Tys

RE: Game design feedback - tross - Oct 19, 2010 01:38 AM

Sorry, for some reason trunc.it images just disappear! I've replaced the screenshot.

RE: Game design feedback - AnotherJake - Oct 19, 2010 06:17 AM

Ah, much better. Looks like an interesting concept. If the gameplay is smooth, it might do alright.

RE: Game design feedback - iamflimflam1 - Oct 20, 2010 02:38 AM

How's it controlled? I could see it working well with the accelerometer.

RE: Game design feedback - HMaudio - Nov 18, 2010 01:32 PM

Looks like a great first project to cut your teeth on game design and development. Even if it doesn't turn out exactly as you hoped, well done for getting out there and doing it. Cheers, and good luck!

RE: Game design feedback - fugufish - Nov 19, 2011 07:00 PM

plug in some analytics, and release it into the wild for 3 days. Never mind the star ratings since it's the first game. Get the data and learn, move on from there.

By then, you would have

1. known how to publish a game
2. known how to track player behaviour
3. apply lessons learned to future games

to put things into perspective, Angry Birds wasn't Rovio's first game. They had dozens which flopped.

RE: Game design feedback - Futujoy - Apr 15, 2012 12:39 PM

I think the style is too simple and contours are too bright, but monkey is nice )

RE: Game design feedback - Laurenrob7 - Jun 22, 2012 06:41 AM

Well, if you're aiming at kids this style will work, even though I personally find it too simplistic.
For a first game it's pretty cool, but it reminds me of the flash games back in the days, you'll improve as time goes by.
Good luck

RE: Game design feedback - Play Go - Aug 12, 2012 06:33 PM

I would prefer a little more texture instead of the solid colors/gradients.

RE: Game design feedback - Xuan92 - Today 07:14 PM

My opinion, the style is too simple and contours are too bright. Good luck