iDevGames Forums
current app approval lead time? - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: iPhone, iPad & iPod Game Development (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: current app approval lead time? (/thread-8307.html)

current app approval lead time? - mraycpb - Nov 12, 2010 07:48 PM

Just curious what folks were seeing with app approval lead time over the last few weeks. Either initial requests getting accepted or getting approval after an initial rejection.

Thanks!
Mathew

RE: current app approval lead time? - Frank C. - Nov 13, 2010 01:34 PM

My game Silverfish was submitted on Oct. 31 and approved this past Monday - so 7 business days. I'd expect longer waits as the December rush approaches however.

RE: current app approval lead time? - AnotherJake - Nov 14, 2010 01:08 AM

Yeah, we were about 7 days too with Devil Voice, which came out on Oct 14.

RE: current app approval lead time? - mraycpb - Nov 14, 2010 05:13 PM

Thanks folks - in cases of getting a rejected app re-assessed, have you noticed a shorter turnaround or is it back to the end of the line?

RE: current app approval lead time? - MattDiamond - Nov 14, 2010 09:29 PM

9 days for a first-time submission. "Waiting for review" for about 7 days, "In review" for 2 days.

RE: current app approval lead time? - iamflimflam1 - Nov 17, 2010 08:38 AM

About 10 days in total - but the app has shown up in the wrong category!

Instead of Health and Fitness it's come up in Entertainment!

RE: current app approval lead time? - MattDiamond - Nov 17, 2010 02:45 PM

Weird. Isn't game category something you can just edit in the app's metadata in iTunes Connect?

If the metadata says one thing and it still shows up in Entertainment, then I guess let Apple know. Or maybe try making a small change to the metadata, see if you can get it to update (note: not sure how long it would take to propagate to the store.) I've read that different App Store servers update at different times, so I'd also doublecheck that the problem hasn't fixed itself after a while.

RE: current app approval lead time? - AndyKorth - Nov 17, 2010 11:03 PM

Apple does change categories if they think you picked the wrong category when they reviewed it.

RE: current app approval lead time? - iamflimflam1 - Nov 19, 2010 05:46 AM

I've got a feeling that might be it. It's an app that measures your heart rate using the iPhone's camera and in the my description I make it clear that it's just for fun.

Maybe they saw that and decided to move it out of Health and Fitness and into entertainment.

Tried contacting them twice, but no response. Not even the usual we've received your email and will get back to you in X working days.

(Nov 17, 2010 11:03 PM)AndyKorth Wrote:  Apple does change categories if they think you picked the wrong category when they reviewed it.

RE: current app approval lead time? - flydog - Apr 1, 2011 04:16 PM

ive been getting 7-10 days.