iDevGames Forums
in simulator the app is working, on devices no...how can i find the problem? - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: iPhone, iPad & iPod Game Development (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: in simulator the app is working, on devices no...how can i find the problem? (/thread-8519.html)

in simulator the app is working, on devices no...how can i find the problem? - sefiroths - Jan 10, 2011 05:01 AM

Hello everyone, I did test the build on the above date and these are the results:

- IPod 3G the app starts but does not respond to the audio of the headset microphone (working, tested with the vocal memo).
- IPhone 3G app crashes immediately after the appearance of the spreadsheet, making it impossible to even see the main menu
- On the simulator app is functioning normally and responds to audio.

i don't know even where to point my eye on the code...some adivice to find the error?
thanks

RE: in simulator the app is working, on devices no...how can i find the problem? - ThemsAllTook - Jan 10, 2011 06:44 AM

The crash log from your iPhone should give you a good place to start. Unless it's been changed since I last used Xcode (which was quite a while ago!), you should be able to get the crash log in the organizer window while the iPhone is plugged into your Mac. If fixing that problem doesn't help your app on the iPod, you'll probably need to do some debugging with printf/gdb to find the root of the problem.

RE: in simulator the app is working, on devices no...how can i find the problem? - sefiroths - Jan 10, 2011 08:40 AM

thanks a lot, i'll try

RE: in simulator the app is working, on devices no...how can i find the problem? - sefiroths - Jan 20, 2011 01:58 AM

i have found that was a problem of memory, now the app works without crashing.
now.....the app uses a mic, in simulator the mic detect sounds, in device the mic doesn't detect anything!

RE: in simulator the app is working, on devices no...how can i find the problem? - sefiroths - Jan 27, 2011 09:22 AM

the crash was a memory problem, now i have another strange thing:
in simulator the app respond at sound from mic, in device when i speak into the mic, no sound detection...
no error in debugger on any NSLog i have putted.
i don't know how to recognize where is the problem...
if anyone has ian idea would be great...
thanks

RE: in simulator the app is working, on devices no...how can i find the problem? - sefiroths - Jan 27, 2011 11:42 AM

recorder is allocated as avaudiorecorder,
[recorder record] returns false