iDevGames Forums
Xcode 4 migration woes.. - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Tools & Technology (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Xcode 4 migration woes.. (/thread-8766.html)

Xcode 4 migration woes.. - SparkyNZ - Mar 29, 2011 10:53 AM

Hi Everyone. Sitting on my desk is a copy of "Xcode 4 Transition Guide". I've skimmed through it but I doubt its going to solve this problem.

I had a perfectly good Xcode 3.2.5 project that compiled and linked. Now when I try to build it on Xcode 4, I get the following error:

Code:
Invalid value '4.0' for GCC_VERSION

I've looked through numerous configuration screens and I can't find a compiler setting that would allow me to specify the GCC version anywhere.

Has anybody else experienced this or know how to fix it please?

I also have a load of warnings as shown below too so that would be my next question Annoyed
Code:
Unable to determine concrete GCC compiler for file /Work/blah/bme.cpp of type sourcecode.cpp.cpp
Unable to determine concrete GCC compiler for file /Work/blah/test.mm of type sourcecode.cpp.objcpp

I'm hoping the warnings will disappear once I find out the answer to the GCC_VERSION error.

RE: Xcode 4 migration woes.. - SethWillits - Mar 29, 2011 11:00 AM

Click on the project in the navigator on the left, then click on the Build Settings tab in the main view. Scroll down/search for "C/C++ Compiler Version". Keep in mind that you can set it at both the project and target level. Set in the project and double-check that the target doesn't override it.

RE: Xcode 4 migration woes.. - SparkyNZ - Mar 30, 2011 12:42 AM

(Mar 29, 2011 11:00 AM)SethWillits Wrote:  Click on the project in the navigator on the left, then click on the Build Settings tab in the main view. Scroll down/search for "C/C++ Compiler Version". Keep in mind that you can set it at both the project and target level. Set in the project and double-check that the target doesn't override it.

Excellent, Seth. I double-clicked on the project, clicked on Advanced under Build Settings and changed the compiler from 4.0 to 4.2 and sure enough it builds. Thanks very much for that! Smile

RE: Xcode 4 migration woes.. - naeem.paracha - Sep 23, 2013 12:00 AM

(Mar 29, 2011 11:00 AM)SethWillits Wrote:  Click on the project in the navigator on the left, then click on the Build Settings tab in the main view. Scroll down/search for "C/C++ Compiler Version". Keep in mind that you can set it at both the project and target level. Set in the project and double-check that the target doesn't override it.

Thank You its Working Smile