iDevGames Forums
List your game-related blogs - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (
+-- Forum: Community Zone (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Assembly Room (/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: List your game-related blogs (/thread-8986.html)

List your game-related blogs - SethWillits - May 21, 2011 06:43 PM

Looking for game design/programming/news blogs/sites-with-feeds which would be interesting to all others here. Currently experimenting with adding kind of a dynamic blog feed to the site… (This is not permanent)

So anything game dev related, post a link for it.

RE: List your game-related blogs - Skorche - May 22, 2011 02:40 PM and are a couple of my favorites.

RE: List your game-related blogs - bgulanowski - May 23, 2011 05:15 AM

Rock, Paper, Shotgun - PC-only games news blog, lots of coverage of indie games. Great writing. Through them I recently discovered Kill Screen. These are not dev-related, exactly, but very good criticism.

RE: List your game-related blogs - EvolPenguin - May 23, 2011 01:53 PM iOS Game Development blog (from the authors of Learning iOS Game Development).

RE: List your game-related blogs - SethWillits - May 30, 2011 11:14 AM

FYI, this can include your own game dev blog.

RE: List your game-related blogs - EvolPenguin - May 30, 2011 05:25 PM

Once I start posting again (going to restart some projects this summer) then I'll let you know. Meanwhile it's pretty useless Rasp

RE: List your game-related blogs - AndyKorth - May 30, 2011 06:56 PM

Elder Game, an MMO focused game development and mechanic blog. It's by the folks who played a role in Asheron’s Call 1 and 2.

Brian Green's blog- he's from Meridian 59 and had roots in a lot of MUDs. Lots of good insights and ways to look at things from a business point of view.

Jeff Vogel, spider web software. Long time mac shareware dev. He writes really old school RPGs.

Lost Garden. Lots of high level discussion about what creates fun in a video game, etc.

And last but not least, our blog! We're not nearly as insightful or as regular, but you know who we are.

RE: List your game-related blogs - ugriffin - Jun 6, 2011 01:19 PM

My blog:

Not sure if it's 'exactly' what you're looking for, but 90% of the stuff I write in there is game related in some way or another.

For news on the Game Maker world (which involves the Mac, of course),

And, has anyone listed TIGsource?

And, eventually Vetra Games ought to feature news on our main site soon... everything's in a limbo but we're trying to correct that: