iDevGames Forums
Accepting ideas for soon-to-launch model shop - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Designer's Studio (/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Accepting ideas for soon-to-launch model shop (/thread-977.html)

Accepting ideas for soon-to-launch model shop - GamePolygon - Jul 21, 2009 10:47 PM

Hi guys and gals,

We will be launching a new service which will create and sell stock models aimed for use in light and mobile games. To promote and complement the production of our first release, we are looking for requests on what to include in our first batch. They can be assets you need specifically for your projects or for general needs. Even vague suggestions will be appreciated. Everyone who contributes will receive free models upon their release.

Also, because we are building this service from the ground up, we have the option to design it to the exact needs of the community, and we will! So any ideas or features you wished to see at other shops, let us know and we'll make it happen.

Thanks!

Jill Harris
GamePolygon
Community Assistant
questions@gamepolygon.com

Accepting ideas for soon-to-launch model shop - Oddity007 - Jul 23, 2009 04:55 AM

Well, a base boy/girl model would be good. I'm starting on a game, and I'm not very good at modeling people. Animals are also something I may be interested in.

Hopefully you don't feel as if you need to put them in Smile
It's just a suggestion (and personal curiousity)

Accepting ideas for soon-to-launch model shop - mikey - Jul 26, 2009 04:00 AM

Maybe a cool idea would be an interactive (online?) people modeller: You select the clothes and gender, age perhaps, muscles, then the model shop generates a model.

Accepting ideas for soon-to-launch model shop - FlamingHairball - Jul 26, 2009 06:27 AM

mikey Wrote:Maybe a cool idea would be an interactive (online?) people modeller: You select the clothes and gender, age perhaps, muscles, then the model shop generates a model.

Might take a look into Evolver

Accepting ideas for soon-to-launch model shop - mikey - Jul 29, 2009 06:37 AM

Cool.
Smile Smile