iDevGames Forums
What format to use for streaming background music on the iphone? - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: iPhone, iPad & iPod Game Development (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: What format to use for streaming background music on the iphone? (/thread-982.html)

What format to use for streaming background music on the iphone? - AdrianM - Jul 20, 2009 01:15 PM

I've been using OpenAL & ogg,vorbis for streaming music into the game and i was wondering what format is best suited for this kind of thing, on the iphone?

What format to use for streaming background music on the iphone? - AdrianM - Jul 21, 2009 04:46 AM

Also, i am interested in using a format that does not require licensing...

What format to use for streaming background music on the iphone? - Oddity007 - Jul 21, 2009 05:00 AM

Using Mp3 and wav should be fine. Apple's done the lisencing for you, as long as you use the decoder they provide.

What format to use for streaming background music on the iphone? - AdrianM - Jul 21, 2009 06:22 AM

Oddity007 Wrote:Using Mp3 and wav should be fine. Apple's done the lisencing for you, as long as you use the decoder they provide.

Cool!! I'll be using m4a files then!

What format to use for streaming background music on the iphone? - bware218 - Aug 7, 2009 11:29 AM

Have you guys found any useful resources that provide free music that you can put into your application or are you guys actually making the music yourself?