iDevGames Forums
Corona SDK - good choice? - Printable Version

+- iDevGames Forums (http://www.idevgames.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Development Zone (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: iPhone, iPad & iPod Game Development (/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Corona SDK - good choice? (/thread-9842.html)

Corona SDK - good choice? - boss102 - Feb 4, 2012 04:23 PM

Hi there,

I'm planing to use some easy accessible iOS engine/framework. I found coronaSDK (anscamobile.com) and was wonder if you guys used it before and if it's really that good?

I saw some really nice games made with it like: Float, Blast Monkey or Gravity Maze (this one is very well done!).

Any comments on that?

RE: Corona SDK - good choice? - Ap3x - Feb 11, 2012 04:35 AM

why not cocos2d? very nice and easy Smile
it's perfect for 2d games and "noob friendly" Wink

Ap3x

RE: Corona SDK - good choice? - kevin619 - Feb 14, 2012 11:45 PM

I think Cocos2d is better and easy to use

RE: Corona SDK - good choice? - J. A. Whye - Feb 15, 2012 03:08 PM

I'll give a vote for Corona SDK* -- I've been using it for a little over a year now and while there are tradeoffs you have to live with, for most games I think it's a better option.

Unless you're more into programming than game development. Seriously, some people just like programming and there's nothing wrong with that. But if your desire is to create a game instead of being a programmer, Corona's probably a better fit. There's still programming required, of course, but less of it than with other options.

Jay

* Full disclosure -- as of early February I'm a contractor for Ansca Mobile, maker of Corona SDK. But even before then I was a fan of the framework -- do a search on the forum and you'll see me singing its praises long ago. Wink