Star Travel Gaming Is Recruiting

Nibbie
Star Travel Gaming is currently recruiting new applicants for multiple titles that are in progress. We currently are a volunteer/part-time game development company. I will not go into detail on the current titles we are in the progress of creating, as it is for lack of a better word classified. The general information for the titles can be found on our website as well as a list of current jobs, experience required, and job descriptions. If you have any questions please email us directly through our email service attached to this forum account or through our website.

Sincerely,
STAR TRAVEL GAMING RECRUITER
startravelgaming@hotmail.com
Quote this message in a reply
(May 2, 2012 09:59 AM)STGDev Wrote:  startravelgaming@hotmail.com

Hotmail?
Alex
(May 2, 2012 12:24 PM)EvolPenguin Wrote:  
Hotmail?

It isn't too professional, but three of the last four clients I worked for used free webmail for day-to-day communications, so it isn't too unusual either Rasp

What I'd comment on is that they want their lead programmers to have at least a BSc and two years of experience ... but aren't offering any pay Bored

Mark Bishop
--
Student and freelance OS X & iOS developer
Nibbie
(May 2, 2012 01:33 PM)sealfin Wrote:  
(May 2, 2012 12:24 PM)EvolPenguin Wrote:  
Hotmail?

It isn't too professional, but three of the last four clients I worked for used free webmail for day-to-day communications, so it isn't too unusual either Rasp

What I'd comment on is that they want their lead programmers to have at least a BSc and two years of experience ... but aren't offering any pay Bored

As stated its a volunteer program for the time being, apologies if you feel this is to beneath someone that has a BS, to note i currently have a BS and am working on my second and i'm not being paid to work on this project that i started and it will stay that way for me and everyone else on my team until the game takes off.

Second to address the Hotmail issue it is the most effective communication that is free to use for a volunteer project. Once again as stated this is volunteer only and we don't expect anyone to be paying for anything i.e. not paying out of pocket for our own email service when Hotmail will do, it is a part time deal i.e. weekends job only when you have the time. Sure that may seem counterproductive for a game of this scale, but to those of you that seem to have a good amount of trouble wrapping your heads around the no pay. I have brought this project before my professor of game design/programming and he has recommended multiple students to me to assist in this project so work will be getting done.

And lastly yes we want our Lead developer to have a BS and some experience, considering the fact that they will be the "Lead Developer" and to address this position is currently unavailable as we just signed on an employee for this job. So consider this an update to the position tab.

Sincerely,
Star Travel Gaming Developer Phillip Vinson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Recruiting various positions for Rize F2P. improdz 0 754 Dec 8, 2013 12:18 PM
Last Post: improdz
  Star Travel Gaming is recruiting STGDev 0 2,138 Apr 20, 2012 01:08 PM
Last Post: STGDev
  [Royalty] UhYeti Recruiting Team-Alpha Crew(RPG/FPS) Uhyetistudio 0 2,653 Mar 17, 2012 06:10 PM
Last Post: Uhyetistudio
  Project War is recruiting TokyoAmmo 0 2,388 Feb 7, 2012 03:50 PM
Last Post: TokyoAmmo
  Recruiting a team for your game? SethWillits 0 6,104 Dec 1, 2010 07:03 PM
Last Post: SethWillits