My posts are being deleted

Sage
please help

Sir, e^iπ + 1 = 0, hence God exists; reply!
Quote this message in a reply
unknown Wrote:please help

By deleting this one, too?

iDevGames Forum Rules Wrote:The owners of iDevGames - Mac & iPhone Game Development Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Is there an issue beyond the one post in question that Hairball183 already explained to you about?
The original conversation

unknown Wrote:my old posts deleted
my new posts deleted

the message is don't post?

I deleted your post because it was unhelpful. I sent you an email regarding it.

Quote:you're wrong.
deleting my posts was a mistake.
I have no email from you.

You've said:

Hairball183 Wrote:Hi, I am Hairball183 on the idevgames forum. You recently posted a question regarding the deletion of a post you made on the thread "Converting Image Files". I deleted your first post because it had absolutely no information regarding the original poster's question, and I didn't see any reason for it to be there. If you are going to reply to a topic, please reply with some helpful information.

I did a helpful post so I think you should only delete posts that are:

* bullying/mean/nasty
* spam

rather than because you're not agreeing, in future

This should be discussed off-forum and certainly off-thread. How would I go about contacting you?

Quote:I don't want that.. just delete my posts and tell me off if I actually do something wrong.

- Lincoln Green
http://www.binkworks.com/
Sage
I want to be made a mod and hairball demodded, he is too young

Sage

Sage
I've been a member of this forum for years and experinced in game programming also have mod experience

We're having trouble understanding how the post you made was helpful, since the original poster already mentioned encryption. Maybe you could shed some light on it?
DoG
Why are posts suddenly deleted for not being helpful? If that is new policy, I demand stupid questions to be deleted as well.
DoG Wrote:Why are posts suddenly deleted for not being helpful?

Um...

Quote:If you have nothing to say that's relevant to the subject of the thread, don't reply to it!
There is an "assembly room" forum where you can say all the random things you like. Don't clutter the informative threads with it. Your upcoming game is not interesting. We don't care what you intend to do in the future. Stick to the topic as set by the original poster.

That post was not irrelevant, but it was barely relevant and not at all informative.

Quote:If that is new policy, I demand stupid questions to be deleted as well.

OK.

- Lincoln Green
DoG Wrote:Why are posts suddenly deleted for not being helpful? If that is new policy, I demand stupid questions to be deleted as well.
A few years ago I had a post that was deleted, I think I was wrong about some point. I didn't get any notification, though, it was just deleted. AFAIK that was the only time, though. (well, except for my account, but that's another issue, and likely just a database glitch Rasp Unless an admin really doesn't like me... Ninja)
unknown Wrote:I want to be made a mod and hairball demodded, he is too young

I know nothing about why you're post got deleted (or if it should or should not have been), but I'm going to have to disagree here....age has very little to do with someone's ability to be a successful mod.

DoG Wrote:Why are posts suddenly deleted for not being helpful? If that is new policy, I demand stupid questions to be deleted as well.

Agreed....unless a post is blatantly spam, I don't think it should really be deleted, even if it is just restating something that a previous poster has said. Often having more than one post saying exactly the same thing will make it more clear to a poster which way they should go (especially if they're one of the "show me code, plz" posters Rolleyes ). I don't know if that's what happened here, I just saying.

Worlds at War (Current Project) - http://www.awkward-games.com/forum/
wyrmmage Wrote:I gotta agree here, too, though....unless a post is blatantly spam, I don't think it should really be deleted, even if it is just restating something that a previous poster has said. Often having more than one post saying exactly the same thing will make it more clear to a poster which way they should go (especially if they're one of the "show me code, plz" posters Rolleyes ). I don't know if that's what happened here, I just saying.

I agree with the example here... but that is quite different from the actual case. The conversation I removed a post from went more along the lines of
"Is there a way I can encrypt an image?"
"Yes, encryption."

Based on the opinions of the forummers who have posted here(what happened to FreakSoftware's post, by the way?) the post should have been left as-is. I just saw no reason at the time to leave it there - I saw it as adding useless clutter to a thread.

Anyway guys, sorry for the confusion, and apologies to unknown for the mistake.

- Lincoln Green
Hairball183 Wrote:Anyway guys, sorry for the confusion, and apologies to unknown for the mistake.
Moderators don't get things 100% every time. Things like this used to happen a lot more frequently back in the earlier days of iDG. I remember this one time when OneSadCookie and Skyhawk and... never mind, better not go there...

Don't take it too hard unknown. I got smacked like this quite a while back too. I was actually pretty darn PO'd about it. Mad

LOL ... Carlos would *love* that, since it would reduce the size of the forum database.

unknown Wrote:I want to be made a mod and hairball demodded, he is too young
Yeah, Hairball is young, but he's a good moderator and he learns fast. This is great experience for him.
Founder
Hello all. I haven't had a chance to read each post in detail. So I won't comment on each statement. Overall, MODs have carried out the 'spirit' of the community pretty well over the years. As Jake said, we (MODs and I) don't always get things right. I think from time to time, everyone can be guilty of going OT or inserting some wacky post. I see this often as admin because I can see self-deleted posts.

Some of you long time members that were regular members have been turned into MODs. Please use your new powers carefully and wisely. When I have a chance, I shall update the MODs guidelines which are in the Staff Message Board (Only MODs see this board).

Peace.

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Ha! I made a mod recommendation to Carlos last night and I see he went crazy! I think we have more moderators than members now. LOL

Looks good to me. I guess unknown can un-delete his own post now. Rasp

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is there a way to access old posts? spikey 3 1,993 Jul 2, 2013 10:50 AM
Last Post: AnotherJake
Last Post: McSpider
  Can't find "new posts" feature in new forum software. I am about to start a riot. stevejohnson 10 9,462 Jul 30, 2010 07:46 PM
Last Post: Carlos Camacho
  Missing posts Carlos Camacho 5 4,713 Jun 25, 2010 07:43 PM
Last Post: Oddity007
  App posts, yes or no Carlos Camacho 16 8,294 Jun 18, 2010 05:59 AM
Last Post: Carlos Camacho