The Liberated Pixel Cup

This is a two-phase contest. The first is a pixel art contest, and the second is a coding contest making games from that art!

http://lpc.opengameart.org/content/lpc-about

The art phase began today. The coding phase begins July 1 (and runs through July 31). The main requirement for the coding phase is that the entry uses art from the art contest and "must compile and run on 100% free (as in freedom) software from the ground up" (like Linux)... but of course it can also run on Mac/iOS.

Cash prizes. Looks like fun.

Chris Burkhardt
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
Nice competition, but I'm almost more intrigued which rock you managed to dig yourself out from under! WB.
Haha... Thanks, OSC! Smile I dig myself out from whichever rock I last fell asleep under and lurk around every once in a while. I'm glad to see you're still hanging around here.
By the way it's already 9 days into the competition and I still haven't thought of any good ideas for a small RPG-ish game. Anybody have any ideas? I'd like to use this as an excuse to learn lua (and LÖVE).

Chris Burkhardt
I hear Cat RPGs are all the rage nowadays Cool
(Jul 9, 2012 05:14 PM)skyhawk Wrote:  I hear Cat RPGs are all the rage nowadays Cool

Terry Cavanagh recently posted a whole collection of them on freeindiegam.es, so you may be right!