Separation of simulation from Visualization ?

Nibbie
Hello Every one

I developed a small game in which I showed interaction with 3D virtual world.

I am asked to separate the visualization from simulation. I got an idea that if i stop the rendering of the visuals and I let the simulation keep on going on the back end then it's enough.

But I don't know if i am doing it correct or not ? if i have to do something more deeper?

Does some one has an idea how we do separation of simulation from visualization and why we do it .

its my first post here i hope my mistakes will be forgiven

Regards Imran
Quote this message in a reply
Sage
Basically you want to run your simulation using a fixed time step that is separate from the timestep used by the rendering. This is a good article explaining how and why:
http://gafferongames.com/game-physics/fi...-timestep/

Scott Lembcke - Howling Moon Software
Author of Chipmunk Physics - A fast and simple rigid body physics library in C.
Nibbie
(Jul 9, 2012 09:56 AM)Skorche Wrote:  Basically you want to run your simulation using a fixed time step that is separate from the timestep used by the rendering. This is a good article explaining how and why:
http://gafferongames.com/game-physics/fi...-timestep/

its a nice article for implementation of such an idea and i have got a little more closer to the concept but still i want to deeply understand the core (actual) concept first and then read this article later again which will surely increase my knowledge more and help alot while implementaion.

Do you have any suggestions what could be the beginning for understanding this concept deeply?
i appreciate what you already posted and will appreciate your future suggestions

Thank you
Regards Imran
Game timing is one of those things you need to figure out on your own for the most part. The article Skorche linked to should be plenty to help you. Is there a particular part of it which you are having trouble with?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Separation axis collision detection SOUR-Monkey 5 5,878 Mar 24, 2005 01:23 AM
Last Post: DoG