Game Idea Wiki Proposal

I was working on an unnamed 3D FPS (With some awesome) graphics, but couldn't think of a story. Maybe the folks at iDG could create a wiki or just use [this:a] forum discussion for game ideas?

The noobs [I'm not sure I have the right to call anyone this Cool] could help, and we could all contribute and use ideas. There would be limitations, but It would be a cool idea.

You may be thinking, well, just look around the Game Design Topics, but this could be a more arranged approach.

?

~ Bring a Pen ~
Quote this message in a reply
Great idea! Count on me if you need any help!

OMG! IT'S A SQUIRREL!!!
We could always start here, but maybe someone could (would?) make a wiki? I'd be happy to do it myself, if I knew how.

~ Bring a Pen ~
http://www.wikia.com/wiki/Wikia

Might as well let someone else handle the technical stuff if you're gonna do one.
OK then, I'll get to work. Should I name it iDevGames Game Idea Wiki? Maybe A shortcut could be provided @ iDG home? Maybe we should seek Mr.Camancho's advice. And it needs an email. My email's maybe not the best, is there an iDG email? Mods? Mr.Camancho?

~ Bring a Pen ~
PS. They give you an address like this:

http://xxx.wikia.com

What should I call it? idevgameswiki?

~ Bring a Pen ~
If you want this to be backed by idevgames, you will probably want to email Carlos directly regarding the subject.
While it sounds like an interesting idea, I'm guessing there would be quite a few people with 'ideas' and very few people who are actually going to put in the work required to make the ideas a reality.

Anyway, good luck!

- Lincoln Green
http://www.binkworks.com/
Founder
I concur with Hairball183. I also think that developers would shy away from implementing a game with the ideas published in a public arena for fear of potential I.P. battles in the future. Though I suppose you could release the 'design doc' under C.C. or GPL.

Overall, I think that many people have ideas for games, that includes developers. They tend to want to work on ideas that they have... unless they are paid. LOL

As a side note, we did have 'Inkubator' which had a concept of bringing together devs, designers, musicians, etc to release open source games. Also a way to mentor. It started off grand with Hooptie but died off. But if there are ideas on how Inkubator could be applied to this concept, as well as the type of software that would be needed, then I am all ears. (i.e. GForge, Wiki, CMS, etc)

Another pointy to mention is that we had run many 21-Days later contests. We were always looking for interesting theme ideas. So perhaps yourt effort mikey could be in that direction.

Finally, devs should use Classifieds to hunt for game writers, just as artists and audio wizards members do.

Carlos A. Camacho,
Founder
iDevGames
Thanks then, maybe your right. But what's a '21-Days later contest'?

~ Bring a Pen ~
mikey Wrote:Thanks then, maybe your right. But what's a '21-Days later contest'?

We're actually trying to get one going right now; take a look in the 'Contests' section. Smile

- Lincoln Green
http://www.binkworks.com/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Game Idea - "Dreamscape" soundguru 5 8,626 Dec 18, 2011 05:13 PM
Last Post: ipeku
  Idea Needed - Mech Game carmine 25 19,425 Jul 10, 2011 10:30 PM
Last Post: GordonCSA
  A CRAZY game idea! stevejohnson 12 8,213 Jan 28, 2006 04:55 AM
Last Post: Marjock
  New Game Idea. *Input Requested* Superman2489 14 7,859 Apr 22, 2005 09:49 PM