Geometry Engine for iOS-MacOS game developers

Apprentice
Hi all

We are released new version our Solid Geometry Engine - sgCore for iOS platform

You can download sources of Demo application from our site

Regards
Quote this message in a reply
Luminary
Looks interesting. There's not a lot of good open-source stuff in this area, with CGAL mostly GPLed and GTS LGPL'd and with big dependencies and limited functionality.

I notice the first two functions in your documentation indicate that your library has global state that requires initialization. That's a bit of a red flag for me personally, since it may indicate a lack of thread-safety.

Your website isn't super-clear what I can try for free, what I can do without a license, what a license costs, etc. Might be better to put that up front somewhere.
⌘-R in Chief
Forgive my newbie question: what would one use this for, versus any traditional modeling tool? Is this design for real-time use? Pretend I have no imagination as to how to use this. Wink
Apprentice
Hi all
Sorry for this delay with answers - I had no permissions for answering in this forum. But its all OK now - thank you, SethWillits.

2OneSadCookie
Thank you to you reply and recommendations - we will fix these information on our site.
Yes, our library - first library for iOS for such functionality and without dependencies problems. And you can use free version of sgCore in your commercial applications.
Now we are waiting to review our Demo in App Store - and we will add link to our site.

We have a big expierense in this area (more than 10 years). But we are working on Windows before this year. For example, we public sources of very popular Solidgraph 3D editor - based on sgCore - Solidgraph

2SethWillits
We have a big count of customers (you can see part of our users on our site - Customers ). sgCore using in inside projects in Samsung (Apple fans, sorry, Smile ) and NASA.
Our users makes 3D editors, simulators, medicine modilling software (for tooth implants for example), furniture modellers, House planning Software and games with using our sgCore library.

Now we go to MacOS and iOS - and we are planning to be mainstream library for iOS in this area.
Apprentice
Now sgCore Demo Available in App Store - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/solidgeo/id555930655

You can download sources of Demo from here - http://www.geometros.com/ios/index.htm