Dirk Dashing 2: E.V.I.L Eye is released!

I'm pleased to announce the long-awaited release of Dirk Dashing 2: E.V.I.L Eye for Mac OS X, as well as Windows and Linux!

[Image: dirk2_promo290x375.jpg]

After a wicked computer virus destroys G.O.O.D's new computer network, agent Dirk Dashing must track down the cyber criminal responsible for the attack. His mission leads him to a massive global corporation, owned by one of the wealthiest men in the world. Help Dirk avoid security systems, evade guards, and solve all-new puzzles to stop a diabolical new plot by E.V.I.L mastermind, Dr. Ego!

Dirk Dashing 2: E.V.I.L Eye has been in production for nearly 3 years, and it improves upon the original game in almost every way. The most exciting change is the addition of new stealth tactics to the gameplay. One of the features that players enjoyed from the original game were the pseudo-stealth elements, like the ability to sneak past an enemy when his back was turned. I’ve built on that for the sequel by adding security cameras, laser tripwires, and other obstacles that Dirk must sneak past undetected. Guards have the ability to flip alarm switches, and will work together cooperatively to sound the alarm when Dirk is detected. If the alarm sounds, all enemies become awake and alert, new enemies pour into the level, and parts of the level may get locked down - making it more difficult for Dirk to complete his mission. To compensate, one of Dirk’s new gadgets includes a set of night vision goggles that allow him to see in the dark, and he can tiptoe quietly when you hold down the Shift key. Players who sneak through a level undetected can earn huge bonus points at the end of the level. I think the addition of these new stealth elements adds some wonderful dimension to the gameplay and really plays up the secret agent theme.

The full version of Dirk Dashing 2: E.V.I.L Eye features:

* Family-friendly gameplay, with no blood, no gore, no fist fights, no gratuitous violence of any kind - instead, Dirk uses tranquilizer darts, knockout gas, and other non-lethal means to defeat his enemies
* 40 huge levels to explore, including 5 secret levels, packed with hidden areas
* New stealth tactics that allow Dirk to tiptoe unseen and unheard past guards, or sneak up on tougher enemies
* Hand-painted scenery, done with a combination of acrylic and watercolor paints
* Lots of new enemies, hand-drawn in a traditional cartoon animation style
* An all-new soundtrack with over 40 minutes of professionally composed spy music that perfectly fits the game
* 3 different skill levels to accommodate players of all ages and experience
* Play using keyboard, joystick, or game pad
* Ability to save your game progress at any point
* In-game instructions to get you started

For now, the only place to get Dirk Dashing 2: E.V.I.L Eye is direct from my site at:
http://www.dirkdashing.com/dirkdashing2.htm

The full version of Dirk Dashing 2: E.V.I.L Eye costs $19.99 (USD). A free, 8-level demo is available. The demo is a universal binary for Mac OS X 10.4 or later.

The game is available for affiliate sales through BMT Micro.

A press kit with screenshots, logos, icons, and game info can be found here:
http://www.dirkdashing.com/dirkdashing2/...essKit.zip

My Game Company
Creator of Dirk Dashing, Rick Rocket, and Fashion Cents Deluxe
Quote this message in a reply
⌘-R in Chief
Looks great! Lots of nice touches. The sneaking in the dark is great.
Thanks, SethWillits!

My Game Company
Creator of Dirk Dashing, Rick Rocket, and Fashion Cents Deluxe

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Please vote for Dirk Dashing 2 for IndieDB's Top 100 Games! GolfHacker 3 2,609 Dec 12, 2011 08:21 AM
Last Post: GolfHacker
  Dirk Dashing 2: E.V.I.L Eye is available for pre-ordering! GolfHacker 0 2,615 Aug 26, 2011 12:59 PM
Last Post: GolfHacker