Criticize game concept

Apprentice
We are working on some tutorials for our library — a kind of step-by-step guides to modeling fairly complex objects.
In the process, we came up with an interesting idea of a game for iOS devices. Could you please criticize the idea?
You need to assemble a conveyor consisting of different pieces of equipment, each responsible for a specific action. Each unit must be configured first – that is, its parameters must be adjusted for a specific task. The output of one unit is sent to the next unit’s input. The first levels will be linear conveyors, but the units can be organized as a graph later on.
The objective of each level is to produce a certain object.

Let’s use the first tutorial as an example
Just looking at the picture gives you an idea of the kind of machinery to be used in the game.

Theoretically, we can model tons of objects. We can also add a special mode where the player will be able to model anything they like.

The main point is that everything is designed as a game and isn’t too difficult.

How does it sound?
Quote this message in a reply
I think it sounds like a pretty good idea. I think would be a challedge to do on a iPhone. On the Mac or iPad you would have plenty of screen space for UI. I look forward to seeing it.

Justin "LordFire" Baldock
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Unique Game Concept highpass 10 8,010 Jan 27, 2010 06:32 AM
Last Post: Newbrof
  Free game concept: Excessive Force Jishiro 4 5,809 May 14, 2006 05:35 PM
Last Post: David Drew