Shatter Alley (iOS)

⌘-R in Chief
Quote:I'd recommend prMac and emailing gaming blogs to anyone— those seemed to give the most bang for their buck, time and effort-wise (and in that order.)

Hmm. Any supporting evidence? I've paid them a few times to send out PRs, including ones about uDG, and they got absolutely nowhere. I've always been disappointed. I also read an article somewhere about a news poster guy on some site, being infuriated by the huge volume of unwanted emails received from prMac, so he just ignored them all. I've taken to the idea of not using them anymore.
Quote this message in a reply
(Apr 26, 2014 09:24 AM)SethWillits Wrote:  
Quote:I'd recommend prMac and emailing gaming blogs to anyone— those seemed to give the most bang for their buck, time and effort-wise (and in that order.)

Hmm. Any supporting evidence? I've paid them a few times to send out PRs, including ones about uDG, and they got absolutely nowhere. I've always been disappointed. I also read an article somewhere about a news poster guy on some site, being infuriated by the huge volume of unwanted emails received from prMac, so he just ignored them all. I've taken to the idea of not using them anymore.

So far I've only tried them this once, but found the experience much more positive. Out of all the reviews I've found posted about the game, only one of them came from a site I emailed directly (AppAdvice.) So the rest must have either found it organically, or through the pr blast. Quite a few sites contacted me directly mentioning the press release: a bunch were sites offering "paid advertising/review options" but there were also a few legit contacts.

Another nice effect is it helped out with getting the game's name out there on search engines— the news appeared on a lot of sites (most of which just copy-pasted the entire press release) so that got the game on the map when you search for "endless brick breaker" and the like.

I wouldn't rely solely on it, just for fear of some people habitually ignoring pr site emails as you mentioned, but as part of a larger effort it worked quite well.

Justin Ficarrotta
http://www.justinfic.com
"It is better to be The Man than to work for The Man." - Alexander Seropian
Awesome game! 5 starred and purchased! Wink

ProRattaFactor
(Retro-infused games for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac)
Welcome back Casey!

I heard you were releasing something soon right?

Alex
And then I realized you posted a lot in the last couple of days in Announcements....
Durr

>.<

Alex