iphone beginner question

Nibbie
I decided to take my summer out of school to learn how to program iphone apps.
It is going surprisingly well but there are a couple of things i just cannot figure out. I have a book, "Beginning Iphone Development" which is really helpful, but it doesn't contain all the info i need.

The biggest problem right now is that i cannot figure out how to, in a game, make the button provide continuous motion. For example, the user touches "Move Left" and the object on the screen should continuously move left as long as the user holds down "Move Left." How can i do this?
Quote this message in a reply
override the touch events and start moving on touchesBegan and stop moving on touchesEnd

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
Its a little more complicated then that. You also have to decide how you will handle somebody sliding their finger off the button without lifting their finger. When they slide it back on you should prob beging moving again. What I look for is either a touch starting on a button, or continuing on a button that is not currently active.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  FBConnect on iPhone question... Jamie W 0 2,542 Aug 23, 2010 01:14 PM
Last Post: Jamie W
  Final year project - 3D Rally, possible for an iPhone beginner? CoffeeExpress 7 4,783 Aug 3, 2010 10:06 PM
Last Post: cmiller
  A question for UK iPhone developers registered as a company and IRS BeyondCloister 3 3,340 May 28, 2009 09:03 AM
Last Post: warmi
  beginner question... dyrdymal 4 2,933 Apr 30, 2009 12:42 AM
Last Post: dyrdymal
  Stupid Question: How do you get the app to the iPhone? Bachus 9 4,497 Oct 8, 2008 04:58 PM
Last Post: kodex