iPhone 3.0 slower performance

Hi.

Is it just me, or does it seem that iPhone 3.0 produces slower games than before (eg. slower frame rates, more audio stuttering). This is not only with my apps, I've noticed a slight drop of FPS with other 3rd party games. I'm still downloading the final 3.0 SDK (another 4 hour wait), so I cannot access the debug console to actually see what the real FPS drop actually is, but I do notice stuttering which wasn't there before the 3.0 update.

Anyone?
Quote this message in a reply
the 3.0 SDK remains under NDA, please refrain from talking about it on these forums until the NDA has been lifted.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
The question wasn't just about the 3.0 SDK.

Doing a quick test with one of my games and i Love Katamari, things seem to be performing fine for me. Any specific apps in the store where you're seeing problems?
kodex Wrote:the 3.0 SDK remains under NDA, please refrain from talking about it on these forums until the NDA has been lifted.

Is it? https://developer.apple.com/iphone/ no longer requires a login to read guides or references. If Apple doesn't want non-registered people getting to 3.0 info, they're doing a pretty poor job of hiding it. Smile

And I've noticed no slowdown with 3.0. If anything it's faster.
A couple of games have announced a bug relating to sound in OS 3.0 resulting in performance drops. TouchArcade thread from Toki Tori developers. I'm not sure but I think it relates to a method of playing music that was previously the preferred method, but now has issues.
The current NDA is still valid (Sadly you need to have signed the NDA to view the NDA)

http://adcdownload.apple.com/iphone/ipho...031709.pdf

Until this is lifted information pertaining to the 3.0 software remains confidential.

This thread is fine as long as it doesn't branch into anything relating to code or apis.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  iPhone simulator performance Mister T 10 6,389 Feb 14, 2010 08:10 PM
Last Post: Zwilnik
  is 3g slower\less memory then touch? kendric 9 3,890 Jul 25, 2009 11:50 AM
Last Post: MikeD