Leaks program

What qualifies as a leak in this tool?
I had been using AVAudioPlayer where I set the delegate to point to an object which would then delete the player when it finished. So This is a weak refrence to my Object and I did not hold onto the AVAudioPlayer anywhere else. I plan to hold onto all of these in a list now for safety reasons(what if this method doesn't happen etc) but it got me thinking about what is considered a leak. I also get leaks in things that don't have any of my code in the creation stack trace so I am not sure how I am leaking those.
Quote this message in a reply
A leak is when you no longer have a reference to block of allocated memory.

Believe it or not, the SDK isn't perfect. There are leaks in Apple's code. If you check out the stack trace of a leak and don't see any methods you wrote, it is Apple's code that is leaking.

Leaks aren't the end of the world, especially tiny ones at startup.
I seem to get a tiny leak every time i play an audio file. I dont reuse audio players because I want there to be a dynamic # of players for possibly the same sound since its tied to a unit in the game. I made sure to store all AV players in an array and clean them up every so often if they are not playing anymore. Still I see a leak happening. The leak trace does have my creation of the av player, but then a ton more code ending in a malloc call. Im not sure what I am doing wrong, the leak is small so it cannot be the whole av player leaking. Anyone have experience with this?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  does the app store accept games with leaks? aerospaceman 5 6,362 Mar 15, 2011 01:59 PM
Last Post: aerospaceman
  Looking for some insight while fixing leaks... agreendev 2 3,272 Sep 28, 2010 11:57 AM
Last Post: agreendev
  Advice on fixing memory leaks petemccabe 4 3,602 Jun 24, 2010 09:19 AM
Last Post: petemccabe
  Leaks in the waterworks. bmantzey 5 3,807 Feb 27, 2009 04:07 PM
Last Post: AnotherJake