Chipmunk Beginner

Apprentice
Hi,
So I am basically just starting, but is it safe to say that when programming with Chipmunk, its frameworks, are simply that. My tutorials have them stored in Other Sources--->chipmunk. This folder contains things like cpShape, cpVect, cpArray etc.

So what I am wondering are all of these simply the "preordered" engine, that they, if I want, can be left alone, and simply as I build my classes, they call on these source files.

:?...

thanks
Quote this message in a reply
I suppose you are talking about Chipmunk Physics, right? (Especially considering the file names you mention.) I just want to point out that "Chipmunk" can mean other things, like Chipmunk Basic.

I hope someone will follow up on how to actually get started. I would simply start by building the demo and modify one of its parts. Building it wasn't hard, and I didn't even use the Xcode project (since I don't ue Xcode).
You don't want to modify those files. You want to #include or link them or something. I don't do much C, so someone else will be able to give you a more complete answer.

My web site - Games, music, Python stuff
Apprentice
so they are like the engine.

Unless you really know what you are doing, just leave it alone.
diordna Wrote:You don't want to modify those files. You want to #include or link them or something. I don't do much C, so someone else will be able to give you a more complete answer.
I ment modifying the demos, not the engine/library.