How to put games from Xcode onto a device

Apprentice
Hi im just starting with the iPhone SDK and i was making some test apps and they ran perfectly in the iphone simulator on my computer but when i switch it to the "Device" it says "Code Sign error: The identity 'iPhone Developer' doesn't match any valid certificate/private key pair in the default keychain." in the build results section.

Does anyone know how i can fix this?Annoyed
Quote this message in a reply
You need to signup for the iPhone developer program and follow the cert steps.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
Unfortunately deploying to a device is not as simple as selecting the device build settings and building.

Firstly you need to sign up for the developer program and pay the US$99 fee. If you have already done this and been accepted into the program you need to carefuly follow the instructions in the iPhone Developer Program Portal for registering a device, setting up a development certificate and creating a provisioning profile.
If you have registered and installed everything and still get that error, open up KeyChain Access.app and check that the "login" keychain is displayed in bold. If not, left-click it and select "Make Keychain "login" Default".

I've found/read that unrelated apps can cause your login keychain to loose its default status at any time and cause Xcode to choke with that error.
Apprentice
monteboyd Wrote:Unfortunately deploying to a device is not as simple as selecting the device build settings and building.

Firstly you need to sign up for the developer program and pay the US$99 fee. If you have already done this and been accepted into the program you need to carefuly follow the instructions in the iPhone Developer Program Portal for registering a device, setting up a development certificate and creating a provisioning profile.

thank you i followed the instructions and it works now

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  what iPhone device versions to target for physics based games? mixedup 3 1,706 Sep 30, 2013 01:22 PM
Last Post: mawigator