Why does Apple do nothing against illegal iPhone app piracy?

Kodex, I think Chrism and Riruilo are asking about how do companies detect if their app has been illegally downloaded. You answered that it's easy to do, and they are interested in knowing how. Or maybe I misunderstood them, but in any case I'm interested about it.

I'm not talking about contacting a lawyer, but about how to detect it from inside the app.
Quote this message in a reply
miq01 Wrote:Kodex, I think Chrism and Riruilo are asking about how do companies detect if their app has been illegally downloaded. You answered that it's easy to do, and they are interested in knowing how. Or maybe I misunderstood them, but in any case I'm interested about it.

I'm not talking about contacting a lawyer, but about how to detect it from inside the app.

Well, Kodex answered one of my questions (useful, thanks).
Any idea about the other one?
"how do companies detect if their app has been illegally downloaded"

Thanks.
I changed the name of this thread to reduce the amount of publicity a site like this has. The address is still in the thread posts, though... hope nobody minds too much. This thread is on the 4th page on google when searching for these guys, though, and our community does not exactly want to contribute to additional software piracy.

KB Productions, Car Care for iPhone/iPod Touch
@karlbecker_com
All too often, art is simply the loss of practicality.
Oldtimer
Good call.
I would be curious as well on in-app detection of piracy. Perhaps a tutorial is in order?
Alex
I am hesitant to post information in a forum about how to avoid detection because as soon as it becomes public the crackers change their methods.

However take a look at the cracking process and you will find several holes. If you want to contact me off board and can keep the information confidential feel free to.

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
Thanks guys! I'll check these links tonight.
kodex Wrote:I am hesitant to post information in a forum about how to avoid detection because as soon as it becomes public the crackers change their methods.

However take a look at the cracking process and you will find several holes. If you want to contact me off board and can keep the information confidential feel free to.

I'd like to send you a PM, but I don't see this opption.
Does this forum support private messages?
Thanks.
riruilo Wrote:I'd like to send you a PM, but I don't see this opption.
Does this forum support private messages?
Thanks.

Hmm... That's weird. It looks like Carlos disabled private messaging for non-mods.
AnotherJake Wrote:Hmm... That's weird. It looks like Carlos disabled private messaging for non-mods.

Private messaging has been disabled for quite a few months now.

Howling Moon Software - CrayonBall for Mac and iPhone, Contract Game Dev Work
AndyKorth Wrote:Private messaging has been disabled for quite a few months now.

Oh man, that sucks. I thought it was just email, but yeah, I remember now. Carlos' reasoning was that it helped avoid forum spam as I recall. I can't say I agree with the measure. Annoyed
Does anyone know a way to send a private message to Kodex??? I'm trying thru yahoo and aol but no success.

Thanks.
Check out the irc channel on irc.freenode.net (#idevgames), he's usually on there.
Alex
riruilo Wrote:Does anyone know a way to send a private message to Kodex??? I'm trying thru yahoo and aol but no success.

Thanks.

My AIM/Yahoo links work and are almost always online, you can also email me through my website dragonforged.com

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My First iPhone Game Release - Apple Basket iphoneappfan 0 2,305 Apr 4, 2010 03:27 AM
Last Post: iphoneappfan
  About piracy, web services and subscription payment. riruilo 3 2,868 Feb 28, 2010 02:20 PM
Last Post: AndyKorth
  iPhone piracy raising 95% riruilo 19 7,330 Feb 11, 2010 06:28 PM
Last Post: Kerome