Open source comic project epiphany?

Apprentice
In my neverending quest to create a reusable code for artists to be able to publish their own comic books, I may have had an epiphany. This may be just the trick. If a person can create a movie file from their comic, you could set the movie to be paused, and add a button that advances one frame and one that rewinds one frame. There would be no image linking, and no code changing, aside from the website button. Also, the movie might still be on the same frame upon resumption of the app.

The main problem I have had in creating code artists can use is in the naming of the images. Most comics will have around 100 images. That means at some point they would have to code this by hand to modify the number of images, as I have discovered so far.

What do you think? Can you code a button to advance a movie one frame at a time? I dont know if the level of control is available in the sdk, and I am hoping someone can tell me before I run down this rabbit trail!
Thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
I don't think so. From what I've seen, once you start playing a movie, you just get the standard controls. Even if you could, it's definitely overcomplicating things.

You could make the project just count the number of images in a certain folder and use that as the page count, or something like that.
There are a number of ways to do what you want - you can put up a dialog that lets the user select a folder of images which you load into your app and let them cycle through. Or, you could let the user drag the images they want into your application and sort them there. Or, you could do what you describe and code a single frame advance button(I believe QTKit has the functionality... I'd have to look it up)

I can put up some example code if desired.

- Lincoln Green
http://www.binkworks.com/
None of those are possible on the iPhone.
Apprentice
ill change this title to e-poof-anie!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Punchball is now open-source! twizt 0 1,579 Dec 4, 2009 08:03 AM
Last Post: twizt