Where to buy UNITY?

Nibbie
Hi everyone!
I am new in development and I want to buy UNITY for iPhone games development.
Is it right that I must pay twice? One time for UNITY and also for iPhone Advanced..

Also I found these item on e-bay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...0341612738

Is it real to buy? Blink
Quote this message in a reply
I personally wouldn't trust it, as normally it should cost a lot more, and that person has never sold anything before. (No ratings and such).
But yes, you need to buy a Unity license (probably the Indie Development one), and then the Unity iPhone Development license.
You can find out more at unity's website: http://unity3d.com/

Alex
Nibbie
thanks! I will thinking about ebay.. I have 2 days before the auction ends
Apprentice
Reselling of Unity licenses is not allowed and I'm going to report that eBay sale as fraudulent and if I can find it, disable the serial number entirely. Do NOT purchase that item for if you do you may wind up spending money on a disabled and useless license/serial number.

Post up if you have any questions for me! Smile
Nibbie
HiggyB Wrote:Reselling of Unity licenses is not allowed and I'm going to report that eBay sale as fraudulent and if I can find it, disable the serial number entirely. Do NOT purchase that item for if you do you may wind up spending money on a disabled and useless license/serial number.

Post up if you have any questions for me! Smile

Thank you!

The trader wrote on ebay site:
"... I have finished coding a game for an iPhone. That game don't give money (as we hoped), and I am trying to get some money back.. Also I don't need this software anymore. Game coding is not for me! ..."

I can understand his situation and I believe it must be able to resell the license since he is not using it anymore.. or not? Very sad.
I hoped to buy it.. so cheap.
He is not allowed to sell it, there is no way to transfer, and it's probably fraudulent at that low of a price anyway. I'm going to say you either have to code the hard way, or spend the money. The Indie licenses aren't too bad Annoyed.
Alex
I'm curuous. Do you know which games he created?

Thanks.
Apprentice
There is no way for me to find out as you cannot get information about the seller from eBay. I'd love to know who it is so I could caution them about the fact that selling licenses isn't allowed... Rasp
HiggyB Wrote:Reselling of Unity licenses is not allowed and I'm going to report that eBay sale as fraudulent and if I can find it, disable the serial number entirely.

You can attempt to scare people but I doubt your licensing agreement is legally binding ...

Quote:In 2008, in Timothy S. Vernor v. Autodesk Inc.[6], a U.S. Federal District Judge in Washington rejected a software vendor's argument that it only licensed copies of its software, rather than selling them, and that therefore any resale of the software constituted copyright infringement. Judge Richard A. Jones cited first-sale doctrine when ruling that a reseller was entitled to sell used copies of the vendor's software regardless of any licensing agreement that might have bound the software's previous owners because the transaction resembled a sale and not a temporary licensing arrangement
Apprentice
That wasn't an attempt to scare anyone, it was a statement of fact about the actions I took in response to the eBay sale being brought to my attention. The legal complications here are thick and far beyond most non-lawyers/judges to really wrestle with, my chosen course of action is not. Our license statement is clear, if we think someone has violated it we reserve the right to disable that number and I reserve the right to inform eBay of our policy for them to react as they see fit.