Icon.png file missing from project

I don't know how this happened, but the Icon.png file that was in my resources is no longer listed. However, if I try to do "Add existing" for the file, it is grayed out like it is already in the project. Although, when I build & run, the icon is pure white because Icon.png is listed to be used as the icon but it can't be found. I made a copy of Icon.png named Icon2.png, and added that to the project, changed the plist file to use Icon2.png instead, and it works, but what the heck is going on with Icon.png?
Quote this message in a reply
Is it possible that it slipped into one of the folders? Is it still browsable with the finder?

Kyle Richter
DragonForged.com
Twitter: @kylerichter
kodex Wrote:Is it possible that it slipped into one of the folders? Is it still browsable with the finder?

I can't find it anywhere, and apparently neither can the compiler because the icon is pure white when compiling.
Nibbie
Can you try a trick like changing the icon file's name it iconnew.png, add it to the project, and then, in the Xcode finder change the name to Icon.png?

I've had Xcode get confused about files, and sometimes things like this work.
I've had problems with icons in the past too. A few times, I think Xcode renamed it to Icon.png, when I specified it as being icon.png (notice the change from big "I" to little "i"). It was very weird.
I've also had problems with icons, in fact, with image files in general. I usually Clean the project, and then blindly delete and replace files until something works.
I've tried cleaning the project, but that doesn't help. It simply doesn't let me add Icon.png to my project anymore. I guess I'll just have to live with my icon being named Icon2.png.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  "Icon dimensions (0 x 0) don't meet the size requirement" + Xcode 3.2.5 sealfin 0 2,417 Jul 15, 2012 10:31 AM
Last Post: sealfin
  Transparent iPad Icon? Bersaelor 4 5,433 Aug 25, 2010 01:01 PM
Last Post: KittyMac
  Advice re: using a 'sale banner', on AppStore icon.. Jamie W 10 7,088 Jun 27, 2010 08:18 PM
Last Post: Oddity007
  57 pix App Icon vs. 512pix iTunes icon Bersaelor 5 5,114 May 3, 2010 07:35 AM
Last Post: Skorche
  Icon art bruss14 0 1,890 Jul 16, 2009 02:10 PM
Last Post: bruss14